Show us your Gemstones

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Need to get your Banker out to Grabben Gullen one day Shivan on your way to Tuena...only a few kms from Crookwell so not much of a detour....Cheers Wal. :)

Hi there Wal, here is a couple of stones from your favorite area.(GG)
photoybv.jpg

Some really good stones up there since the floods.....we're getting more now than in the old days 40 years ago. Have you been cutting any of these lately...??? Even got a few good trout back in the stream. Try to catch up with you for a dig when the weather cools a bit ....Best of luck if your off again this weekend....Cheers Wal. :)

Thanks Wal, not cutting yet. Joined the act lab club last year thinking I would learn a few tricks from Ted and take a few courses on faceting but havent have time.

Went to the old diggings today and must of picked up about half a kilo of nails. That was enough clean up Australia. Met up with some friends and helped out with shoveling into the HB.

So no gold for me today , the heat didnt help.

HTY - that was with seive only - imagine if i had Wal's Highbanker lol

Once you get a bit of time Joe give me a buzz...we have a full lapidary workshop with all the saws ,grinders polishing laps,tumblers,facet machines...your more than welcome to make use of them when your in Canberra....Cheers Wal. :)

I think Ive read someone did mention Wal, to be the AD spokesman I would also add the mentor component :)

Hi Nugget, somewhere on this forum I have read someone suggested Wal to be the spokesman having so much experience and knowledge. This meaning to my understanding- a representative. I have just added mentor component (gold and gems)

LoL, nugget its PA I must be getting dyslectic or one too many beers.

These bits all came from Eldorado.

Not sure exaclty what the scientific name is for this guy but it appears to be some sort of Quartz crystal cluster \ cave \ egg. It was hard to get a good photo to show the depth but there are thousands of tiny little crystals in it.

IMG_2321resize.jpg

IMG_2323resize.jpg

IMG_2324resize.jpg

This is a handful of small quartz, smokies and phantoms I've picked up along the way

IMG_2326resize.jpg

And this is an Eldorado Quartz crystal which I cut at the local gem club, its not the best piece of Quartz in the world and the cut probably isn't going to win me any awards but it's not bad for a first ever effort.

20121018_111655_resize.jpg

20121018_111734_resize.jpg

Enjoy
Adam

G'day Adam- congratulations on your 1st cab- even more special as you fossicked the stone. Boy you don't muck around with the easy cabs- jump right in with a heart design. Top effort.

Next thing will be your missus wanting you to wire wrap it- or perhaps set it in some of the gold you pan at Eldorado.

Hunting the yellow said:
nice gems m8 hows george these days adam ?

Not sure to be honest, I've been meaning to give him a buzz to catch up on some info regarding the field trips planned for this year. Gonna try and get along to a few hopefully.

Latest posts