Should these 2 guys be allowed to carry on Prospecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danmuss

Danny
Reaction score
Is it just me or are these guys disrespecting the rules of Prospecting, Me personally would never dig a hole like they do and would never put all my soil onto the grass!!
So after watching there videos, Are they giving Prospectors a bad name..
They are digging up Pristine parks and clearly leaving soil patches where they dug!
Here's a couple of there videos, I also have this on Coin shooting section.

[video=480,360]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IszQnYxC9DE[/video]

[video=480,360]http://youtu.be/tKc9w1B1jgw[/video]

Have people around here that leave a mess in parks like that makes me mad they don't care

craps me right off, Prospecting Australia and other clubs are fighting for more laws be lifted for us prospectors so we can have more freedom to search, BUT when you have guys like this
It gives council more powers to reject us from searching..

Feel free to leave these guys a comment, maybe they will take the hint there doing it wrong

These kids showed up on AMDRH and are in the top 5 reasons I withdrew from participating on that site. Which is unfortunate as there is a lot of knowledgeable and helpful people over there. Pests and disgrace to the hobby.

I think the GPAA (Gold Prospectors Associstion of America) has as part of its membership a set of standards that members must abide by. If they breach this they can be booted out. Having said that. Cowboys will always ride the range keeping wide of the laws of land. I know we already are regulated like no other country in the world. But maybe somethings need regulaying and enforcement .

Cheers Tone

You'd think they could at least learn how to use a screwdriver and pinpointer correctly. Pretty self centred approach to it.

Ben78 said:
These kids showed up on AMDRH and are in the top 5 reasons I withdrew from participating on that site. Which is unfortunate as there is a lot of knowledgeable and helpful people over there. Pests and disgrace to the hobby.

Hey Ben
Can you please elaborate on what I have bolded in your post, what site???
Its all about information thanks!!

Yes if they are doing something wrong then some education is needed, hopefully it's not a case of don't give a crap!!!
cheers
Lee

rc62burke said:
Ben78 said:

Hey Ben
Can you please elaborate on what I have bolded in your post, what site???
Its all about information thanks!!

Yes if they are doing something wrong then some education is needed, hopefully it's not a case of don't give a crap!!!
cheers
Lee

I'm guessing it stands for Australian Metal Detecting and Relic Hunting Forum mate.

DD

In the first video around the 7min mark he mentions his " dad is hunting just over there"...Some of the blame has to lay on his shoulders for not teaching them what the right thing to do is,either that or he just doesn't care...

They should be taking a lot more care in a public place not to leave dirt and crap around. However I'm glad in one way to see young people getting really excited about metal detecting.

I was conflicted while watching the videos I must say.

I only watched first few seconds on both video's to see the horrible mess they were making. I also noticed in both video's they were both going out at night. I presume they are deliberately doing this because there is not as many authorities then. Another reason for going at night is because they know they are destroying the area & don't want to be caught.
The simplest way to stop these guy's is to not watch their Video's & if you do, try to recognise the location. If this is done shortly after video is posted then notify the authority that maintains that particular park, Explain you are a detectorist but also explain why you are calling including the fact you are horrified by the behaviour of these people.

apart from their digging skills,.....they're on the money !
We need to get them onto this forum so we can guide them properly (next gen diggers )

The time is coming where councils will ban metal
Detecting here in Australia like the USA.

silver said:
We need to get them onto this forum so we can guide them properly (next gen diggers )

I agree they have passion just no skills.. They have actually already been kicked off another forum, Not sure why tho..
I've tried telling them to use better digging skills and explained better ways but they just PM me a abusive message lol.. So clearly they don't take the hint..

We might have to keep an eye out and good pr skills on the boil for the right moment when someone sees them on the hunt.
Be prepared to be filmed by the young fellas though. I'm sure whoever gets the job will end up being a U-tube video star.(That'd be fun)

All you coin shooters out there tell me this. Are the number of pre decs they are pulling normal finds? I would not be surprised if they are on national trust or or other protected property. The finds are to high quantity for my liking. I notice they are mainly working at night or late arvo...

Cheers Tone

Fixed spelling... damn fat fingers on the smartphone...

TenOunce Tone said:
All uou voin sjooters out there tell me this. Are the number of pre decs they are pulling normal finds? I would not be surprised if they are on national trust or or other protected property. The finds are to high quantity for my liking. I notice they are mainly working at night or late arvo...

Cheers Tone

Im not sure mate if that's normal finding of so many decs, I only started this year and found mostly coins about 30yrs old to date, found only a few old coins from early 1900's and late 1800's but nothing to what those guys are finding..

I do believe these guys are searching National parks and private property due to watching there video's and I do recognise some places, that's why they mainly search at nights!

To be honest if they didn't make such a mess I wouldn't be starting this post, but as you can see by there holes, they are leaving evidence behind that Prospectors have been there which is not good!!

it was bandicootes I tell yuh...... :)

Just because they dont show the holes being filled dosn't mean that they didnt fill them in. Because they weren't using a tarp some dirt will be evident afterwards I know, but Iv,e seen dozens of people do that, in fact almost all of them.

If you are sure of the places you recognize mate maybe contact the relevant people and give them a look at the videos before we are all banned from detecting...they definitely need educating..

Danmuss said:
silver said:

I agree they have passion just no skills.. They have actually already been kicked off another forum, Not sure why tho..
I've tried telling them to use better digging skills and explained better ways but they just PM me a abusive message lol.. So clearly they don't take the hint..

I dont suppose a whitch hunt thread was started at the other forum just before they were kicked off.... and you were subsequently abused... buy any chance?

Latest posts