Short or Long

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wondering what sort of stories do members like to read ? Im sort of a short story long guy and if I feel it's going to be long winded I refrain from posting . So I guess my question is if people write a magazine type post is it worth the effort or will it fall on deaf ears ?

Depends on content and information revealed, and at times how the information is portrayed. A long winded reply, which could be relayed in a one sentence line, could often end up only half read I would guess. By the same token a full page article could want the reader longing for more, if content is interesting and well written.

Wal.

I get bored after more than 3 lines without some pictures :p

I remember that Paddle it was only 2013

1427264497_p1010263.jpg

stoyve said:
Exactly WalnLiz,
A good example of a long read is dwt's "play in the fields" and a bad example is most of my posts.
Cheers Steve ;)

Don't be so hard on yourself Steve.....always enjoyed your responses and wished they were far longer ;)

To me it is all about quality of content. It doesn't take too long to work out who is who around here and I will search out posts from certain members and just breeze over posts from others. Posts from the blokes that get out there and get it done will always be more interesting than the armchair writers.

WalnLiz said:
stoyve said:
Exactly WalnLiz,
A good example of a long read is dwt's "play in the fields" and a bad example is most of my posts.
Cheers Steve ;)

Don't be so hard on yourself Steve.....always enjoyed your responses and wished they were far longer ;)

Gosh WalnLiz,
Your way to kind mate, it makes me want to wax lyrical or some such thing, but all I can come up with is a little something from "Monty Python"
A prayer from the Bruce's scetch.

"This is the wattle, the emblem of our land,
You can stick it in a bottle, or hold it in your hand,
Amen Bruce"
I bet that changes your mind. :p

Hope I didn't attract every mans attention with the topic subject lol.
I was just wondering as some people are using their mobiles or reading at work and perhaps skipped long posts. So the consensus is as long as its an interesting decent article it should get a read ;)

Latest posts