SA South Australia information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello out there iam just wondering if I can get some guidance to get on a bit of dirt in S.A. hills please I've had a dig already up hear and it I'd very nice please let me no if any one can help out please

lazygoldlaz said:
Hello out there iam just wondering if I can get some guidance to get on a bit of dirt in S.A. hills please I've had a dig already up hear and it I'd very nice please let me no if any one can help out please
Hello. I have done a bit of scratching around in SA but never found much. Mount crawford seems to have nuggets for people and I think Angepena in the flinders is still hiding alot. I have seen a new picture of some chunky multi ounce gold from a location you wouldnt expect in the hills near Adelaide but I beleive that was from a private property.

My wife and I are heading to South Australia in September. We have accom in Goolwa for 7 days but have an extra 5 nights where wed like to check some other areas out. Well have a hire car but never having been there we are hoping to get some idea from locals on what to do. I suggested I do a detecting trip with Phasetech but my wife wasnt keen. :D :D Apparently she wants to be part of the holiday. :D Whod have thought. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers Rick

Shes not an outdoorsy person. School teacher who will need some decent down time. I am sure the wine areas will be on the list. Are the flinders ranges easily accessible? Accommodation is another thing well need. Cheers.

Hi Kemjak, where are you coming from? I would highly recommend the South East of SA, from Goolwa its a 4 to 5 hr drive to Mt Gambier (440kms), in the Mount you have the Blue Lake region, the sinkholes, Tantanoola Caves, Nelson, Port MacDonnell all within 30mins. An hour away you have Penola, Naracoorte (Naracoorte Caves) and the Coonawarra wine region.
An hour away down the coast you have Beachport and Robe for magnificent coastal scenery.
You could easily fill 5 days down there.

Flinders Ranges is accessible from Goolwa but its about another 100 to 200kms further than the south east trip but does offer magnificent scenery.

I think it was Port Noarlunga beach that was on my charge sheet for 'Indecency - naked in a public place' after being rudely woken up by Police at 0800 in the morning with my temporary partner...... 30 odd years ago???!

See if you can get across to Kangeroo Island Rick.?
Mate, buy a lobster from over there!! Trust me... the best ever!!

Manpa said:
Hi Kemjak, where are you coming from? I would highly recommend the South East of SA, from Goolwa its a 4 to 5 hr drive to Mt Gambier (440kms), in the Mount you have the Blue Lake region, the sinkholes, Tantanoola Caves, Nelson, Port MacDonnell all within 30mins. An hour away you have Penola, Naracoorte (Naracoorte Caves) and the Coonawarra wine region.
An hour away down the coast you have Beachport and Robe for magnificent coastal scenery.
You could easily fill 5 days down there.

Flinders Ranges is accessible from Goolwa but its about another 100 to 200kms further than the south east trip but does offer magnificent scenery.
We live in Cairns. Thank you for that info. That will be great to plan around. Having 7 days at goolwa will give us time to do day trips around there then after that well look at other regions. Thank you

Manpa said:
Rockhunter62 said:
Having spent a couple of years in SA Rick, I thoroughly recommend any of the roads out. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Doug

Not much to see in Yatala! :playful:

Never went anywhere near the place. Spent most of my time trying to get out of RAAF Edinburgh.

Cheers

Doug

Latest posts