Coming back to Australia

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello again.

I thought i would introduce myself again as it's been 4 years since I was in Australia (2017). My dad lives in Adelaide
and I'm coming over hopefully in January when the boarders are finally open. My goal in life if to find gold lol.
I tried 4 years ago but with no luck, but i put that down to the detector i was using. This time I'm going for maybe the GPX 6000
or the GPX 7000.

Last time i was in oz i headed over to Victoria and met a few people from this site, and we all met up and detected as a group.
I would like to do this again as local knowledge of the areas would be very helpful as to where i can detect and where i can't and the best places to go.

My dream would be to travel around Australia for 3 months looking for gold. Do people on this forum met up and do anything like this? or has anyone done this?

I'm trying to plan this now so when I'm eventually allowed to enter oz, I'll have a good idea where to go and if anyone wants to meet
and give me advise/help/few beers or go detecting, then I'll be extremely thankful. I know things could change because of the covid,
but fingers crossed this will happen.

Thanks

Gav

Welcome back hope you manage to find some nice bits of colour when you get over here. :beer:

Latest posts