S.A. South Australian Bushfire advice and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wishfull

Peter Johnson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi. Just thought I would start this so as not to take over the NSW fires posts.
Any one have any info on current fires here in S.A. ?

I will start.
There is a bad fire burning at Yorketown atm. Three water bombers and a spotter aircraft there. Also one fire at Price and one either side of Port Wakefield. These are just in our regeon.
There are multiple other fires.
The dust is very bad now. Wind is 40 kph from the North and not looking like letting up anytime soon. My garden looks like s@#*

There where a couple of small fires in the Adelaide hills here today but nothing like wishfull is facing on the peninsular. Managed to slash a small fire break on my boundry with the neighbour yesterday, it also gives the animals some refuge at the end of the paddock. Neighbours will now maintain it with irrigation and mowing. Dont let the dense green grass fool you, a few more 40 + days like today and it will become a serious fuel. The rest of the paddock will be cut for hay as soon as possible.
1574239171_img_20191120_185725.jpg

Like Goldfreak said. The greenest grass will dry out and burn in no time.
Wind has dropped of here a bit and the temp us around 37. So it's better. 21 forecast for tomorrow but change not due till early tomorrow morning.
Today reminded me very much of Ash Wednesday. Almost exact same conditions.

My bad. There are still 22 units at the Price fire broke containment lines. Hard to get reliable info atm.
Fire East of Port Pirie has multiple units there around 21 units and air support.
Going to be a long night for our blokes.

I just hope that the people that are close to it all make's it out safe and sound...

Goody :|

LoneWolf said:
Oh and Manpa too.... Stay safe...

You have a nice patch there Goldfreak... :Y:

Mate, Im safe, Im in suburbia, i just feel for the blokes out battling these fires, the wind is just so variable at the moment, woke this morning to a change in wind direction and a 25 degree drop in temp. Wind direction change has now turned the Yorketown fire and creating more havoc.
Another nasty day ahead unfortunately.

Latest posts