Running Other Devices While Detecting?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just a question about running a two way radio or having your mobile on you for safety reasons? Someone told me to put the phone on flight mode etc because it can interfere with the detector. Does anyone run radio on or phone on and is it not a problem with the detector? Just want to be in touch with others during the day etc.
Thanks.

I have my phone on either in my pocket or in my finds bag (hip bag) and I've never had a problem.... but I'm only doing it for the joy and passive exercise, and not gold detecting at all

Just using small treasure hunting machines so maybe not a big enough field... or not in those frequencies that it matters for to cause problems.

Hi guys
I also carry an I phone and a 2 way 5 watter
and I must say I cannot carry my phone in my pants pocket , I always carry in my shirt pocket
or I do get interference and the 2 way clips on the harness at chest height
this combo seems to work well with the 5000 and 14" Camo coil.
Bob..

I carry my 2 way and iPhone on me and I have no interference with the 7000. I like having my phone with me cos I like to plot spots into trilobite then and there. Plus I always nearly have signal with Telstra if msgs or phone calls are needed.

G'day

Have always carried a uhf radio with me while detecting with the gpx or sdc, and have never had any issue with any other pi machine I have owned with the uhf radio being on either while detecting, also I don't carry my mobile while detecting out bush as normally don't have a signal so I leave it in the car attached to the base antenna, I do however carry my mobile phone when I am coin hunting in the burbs when using my vlf sovereign gt, and once again have not experienced any issue with it while detecting or even when answering a call while the detector is still going.

Many other things can cause interference with detectors, particularly pi machines with picking up emi, and also some people have reported issues with using a pin pointer while the detector is on but that's about it.

cheers

stayyerAU

Latest posts