Righto who.found it?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks about right to me, perhaps its the background colour that changes the optics slightly, anyone using a garrett pan and taking a photo will see the same haloed effect in decent light.

The shadows look right.

The hardest part to get right if it went under an edit would be the size proportions, as gold has a known weight.

Perhaps thats why the shot is on a grid, a few quick calulations shows the claimed weight and dimesions as best as can be seen match up pretty well.

A nugget of that weight should be around 34.48 cm3.

Like the Cod photo, when presented with extraordinary images you will get differing views about its authenticity. Mostly I will err on the side of accepting the claim unless glaring evidence in the image suggests otherwise, as photos (and subsequent forwarding edits) are only 2D representations of 3D objects.

Even when you take a high quality image of a known object (say your own portrait for example) you will recognise the difference between the likeness and the actual object. Now imagine several people with several different cameras taking a shot of that over different times of the day and location and you will see why images are so hard to judge on face value.

Im just glad someone decided to share their find for us to look at, if its a fake its still a nice fake. :D

Rockhunter62 said:
Peko said:
Goldfreak said:
Peko said:
Not real good at the photoshop
Do you mean the way it looks like its floating ? maybe its sitting in something.

Yeah looks like it has been poorly Photoshopped,the edge of the nugget the whole way round is suss

I think that the only suss thing here is the comments from you non-believers. Why don't you just stop trying to debunk this find and accept that someone can find more gold than you.

Cheers

Doug

You got no idea how much I find,I dont care who finds what,I enjoy seeing pics of it,I dont normally pick on pictures of gold but when it looks as fake as your mothers love for you I have to say something

shakergt said:
Goldfreak said:
Peko said:
Not real good at the photoshop
Do you mean the way it looks like its floating ? maybe its sitting in something.

I did not notice that but for some reason I don't think the prospectors patch would do something like this thats likely to ruin the reputation of the store.

G'day

Had to laugh at that comment sorry, used to deal with the PP back in the days when old man Garbutt and his son Paul ran the place in Midland, when the new bloke took over and after a couple of attempts to deal with them never bothered to go back as they showed little interest in being helpful, not until they had relocated to great eastern hwy I dropped in and asked for a particular brand of coil and was abruptly told by a pimply faced kid that they didn't sell them because they had an 80% failure rate which was a load of crap, did not know chit from clay, only ever dealt with Reeds from then on, they lost thousands of dollars in sales due to that and they also lost the minelab dealership as well. heard several versions of that story too?

I believe that good practice and service should be congratulated and supported but on the other hand poor service and dodgy dealings should also attract well deserved criticism. :N:

cheers

stayyerAU

Latest posts