Reedy Creek, Eldorado.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Redmanti said:
The key is probably working out where the shallower diggings are that were not dredged.

Diggerdude was probably close to it near the Woolshed when he dug down 1 1/2 metres in one of his videos.

More research then. Looks like a lot of tailings dumps around the creek just getting reworked for flour gold.

Did get some cornflake gold at least that was a change from Yambulla sugar. :p

DidderDude was right when he worked a spot further upstream. The gold does get bigger the further up you go. I was put on to a spot by him where he picked a half grammer and I managed to find some larger flat bits...definitely not flour gold.

The other thing we have to deal with is our current draconian laws regarding what we can and can't do while prospecting. The old timers could do what they pleased and if we did the same we would strung up, fined and labelled as bad people by the greenies. We do what we can within the law and that may just mean setting up at the chinese gardens and highbanking the middle of the creek :|

My understanding was that the area was a secondary deposit, albeit rich, likely laid down by ice-age movements ... as such the creek and it's yearly flood cycle has the effect of concentrating what is running off the surrounding hills. I may be getting confused with another area I go to though.

Just got back from there today.
Couldnt do anything as it rained non stop.
Will be headed back asap. Beautiful part of the world.

Went on the weekend with the Highbanker. Happy to say we pulled out a small nugget there caught by the HB. It must have been a very productive field there in the past.

It's pretty easy digging for a Highbanker.

Just re-working the creek.

Jaros said:
TFK ASKS:

09 August 2015 8:19 am

Hey jaros I was just wondering if there was going to be a meet up like the one last year at Eldorado. Thanks big_smile.

If there is, I'm definitely in.

Love that part of the world.

Redmanti said:
Went on the weekend with the Highbanker. Happy to say we pulled out a small nugget there caught by the HB. It must have been a very productive field there in the past.

It's pretty easy digging for a Highbanker.

Just re-working the creek.

Nice one mate, would love to see a pic sometime.

Gold is everywhere up there and albeit it's still small quantities compared to some, I seem to bring home more than my previous trips every time I go up there.

Went over there today water was high , but we got into a spot where it dont usually flow. Picked up a little colour with the pans and crevis pump. Glad to get home into the hot shower and the bundy. Pump kept blocking with leaf and sticks, havta look at modifying valve rubbers a bit again, sucks like a bricked camel when going right.

Latest posts