Really GOOD IDEAS

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flowerpot

Kerrie
Reaction score
Good ideas galore, share, share, share.

A great way to keep tape organised. :D
I will try and make this one day...

1561216577_32de36a9-451e-425b-a5f1-600ef20203b2.jpg

Also a nicely lit up bar made from pallet boards, nice.

1561216783_ab0aa413-c782-41d9-b86b-dd750c047b00.jpg

Awesome topic Flowerpot.
I love the Tape box. Plan to make one for myself.
The other project for my shed is French cleat storage. There are a gazillion ideas for a modular system from the smallest to largest items in your shed. I have made a couple for my most used tools and one for my clamps. I love it. You can move things around as your needs change.
Check Youtube for endless ideas.

https://youtu.be/FfAvgMhRFrM

Thanks RJ, Id never heard of French Cleat and by the looks of it, its a great way to store and organise stuff. :Y: :Y:

Eldorado said:
I'm guessing you have found Pinterest Flowerpot.There really is some creative people on there.
Yes Eldorado, I love love love Pinterest, so many talented people, so many great ideas, so much stuff, love it.

Thats a great idea maxwell, easy for one person to move around and looks great too, made me smile, I really like that seat. :D

I found when out camping that my generator was getting wet when it rained even if under the caravan awning. I also found it got muddy underfoot depending on terrain, this is my solution.

This is what I carry and it weighs next to nothing.
1561427745_1_flat_pack.jpg

The frame is made up of 135 deg bends, 90 deg elbows, T pieces and polypipe and cemented together
1561427745_2_end_frame.jpg

The feet the genny sits on is made up of two 90mm end caps, one is just a cap, the other has the rib on the rim. A 30mm piece of pipe joins them and they are cemented together. When gluing, drill a 1mm hole somewhere to let the air out. After assembly, drill 2 3mm holes in the corner of the rib to the outer wall for drainage.
1561427745_3_feet.jpg

This is the frame assembled, the 5 lengths of pipe are just push fit so it can be disassembled.
1561427745_4_frame.jpg

The genny sitting on its foot pads
1561427745_5_genny_stands.jpg

I had a canvas tarp made up long enough to wrap around the ends and with eyelets for 3 occy straps with hook ends. These not only hold the tarp on, but also hold the whole thing together. The length over the frame sideways is almost to the lower horizontal to allow for air flow.
1561427745_6_occy_straps.jpg

The cover complete - I use 2 small galv saddles on the bottom pipe of one end with tent pegs to create a hinge.
1561427745_7_complete_1.jpg

I've found that if I place the cover at 90 deg to my van wall under the awning and hinge from the outer end, it hinges without catching, so that I can a. start the genny and b. refuel. The genny electric output is inboard and the exhaust faces away from the van.
1561427745_8_complete_2.jpg

It's survived some pretty heavy rain storms, the exhaust end has been splashed with water, but the fuel tank and electrics are always dry.
Polypipe etc - Bunnings, Canvas from a local canvas manufacturer cost $40. :)

Haha diggit :lol: I love the grate idea for a few plants, thats really lovely. :Y: :Y:

condor22 thats a brilliant idea to keep the genny dry and such a simple set up, love it. Reckon a few might use the idea as its a beauty.
:Y: :Y:

Keep the great ideas coming.

Another idea I had. My T/Diesel 4x4 specifies small Holden approved spotties only to be fitted to the nudge bar. Mainly to not block airflow. However, I had a set of Lightforce Genesis HIDs on my previous ride that I wanted to use. This is the before with the spots mounted on the nudge bar light brackets. I calculated that 50% of the grill was blocked; (temp position never used)
1561444933_20170305_185625.jpg

My solution - a piece of 50mm x 10mm Alum bar, locked onto the nudge bar at the original brackets. Extended out to provide another mounting hole either side. Where they are now does not block the grill, and clears the headlights. The mounting does not vibrate. Primed and painted.
1561444933_20170312_113914.jpg

The lights and the 10mm thk bar are all secured with Lightforce security nuts, to reduce theft potential. :)

Latest posts