Ramjet's Garrett At Pro finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Havinago said:
Ramjet said:
Cat scan on my head all clear.

Are you sure, I'd ask for a second opinion just take a look at your avatar :p :lol: :lol: :lol:
When I say all clear,I mean there is nothing in there at all.

1453763260_images_20.jpg

Hey Ramjet sorry to hear about your accident mate and hope you mend fast.
Just got out of hospital myself on Sunday after 4 days laid up in bed with cellulitus. very nasty little bug and my left leg from the knee down was the colour of a ripe tomato and the size of a footy and bloody painful to touch. On the mend now as I hope and pray the you are.
Take care mate.
Mackka

Thanks RJ.
I had never heard of it but as a matter of interest to others, possibly, I mowed the lawn etc all was OK. Two days later got home from work with the shivers and shakes, went straight to bed, woke up with the sheets saturated in sweet, leg swollen and red and couldn't touch it.
Off to hospital and the doc takes one look and says I am admitting you with cellulitus.
Extremely common apparently.
A crack or cut in the skin and the staf bug (which again apparently lives on our skin in the millions) enters and as they say the rest is history. Penicillin type treatment and in time all should be good.
Sorry to take up so much space but everyone needs to take care and eventhe use of a barrier cream (lanolin) care be beneficial.
Mackka

HI RJ

I missed the post with you in hospital, as I was away and could only see the forum on my phone, through a very slow internet connection. Mate, I hope all is well, a wrist can take a while to get better.

Look after yourself, and I'm hoping that you make a fast recovery.

Thanks Doc.I'm OK. Possible broken bone in my wrist. Nothing showed on x-ray but they said it can be hard to spots. See the fracture clinic next week when the swelling goes down. It should have been a separate topic but Rocket is good at posting in the wrong section. ;) Sore tail as well.
Thanks for your concern mate :D
Good timing, just finished 8 weeks long service leave.

Sick of sitting around with a clipped wing so tried a bit of one handed, lefty detecting today. Thanks to Rocket for picking me up for the trip. Just as I'm getting my gear ready I pick up the Pro and the control box falls off 8.( 8.( It must have been knocked over. It's a common thing to happen with an easy fix. Pics below.
What excites me about this site is the huge variety of finds we are digging. This spot has old bricks, broken china and glass with finds of coins and pocket watch parts but also lots of industrial type relics and trash. I think we may have found a site worthy of inviting Dave to and repaying him taking us to the honey hole he found. :D

No pre decs for me today but I still had a good hunt. My first axe head and an old tap and die handle. Best finds are the RAAF Airman's cap badge and the "Influenza emergency worker" badge. Rocket had some great finds too but he'll tell his side of it. I've included a pic of an old tap n die set.

Some info on the Influenza badge:

Production notes
"ANGUS & COOTE Ltd/SYDNEY" is engraved on the back of the badge. Mr M. Pollett, Retail Administration Mangager of Angus & Coote Pty Ltd, said that the badge appears to have been manufactured by a casting method in which a design was engraved in raised relief, into a cuttlefish bone, clay mouldings taked of the cutting, and the melted metal poured into these casts. Finally the badge would have been plated and a brooch pin attached. Cuttlefish bone was used extensively at the time to quickly create new designs.

History notes
Very little is known about the "Influenza Emergency Worker" badge, but it is believed that it may have been issued by a government authority, to identify volunteers, other than health professionals, working as emergency help in the influenza epidemic of 1918-1919. Mr Francis Clarke Boland, father of numismatics expert, Mr Pat Boland, was awarded one of these badges for assisting the local undertaker during the 'flu epidemic.

1454234324_img_2016013145591.jpg

1454234349_img_201601317441.jpg

1454234369_img_201601315782.jpg

1454234387_images_36.jpg

1454234496_img_2016013128876.jpg

1454234516_img_2016013137676.jpg

Don't lick the influenza badge :eek: ,... not even for funnies,... probably old bricks n things at that site because after the flue they never ever went there again,... EVER,... except with a bulldozer,.... you guys are insanely addicted treasure hunters living on the edge (even sporting wounds),... hats off fellas.
Noice finds though still. :D

Latest posts