R.I.P. - Passing of Famous/Notable Persons

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just watched When We Were Kings not long ago.I'm a big boxing fan and a huge Muhammad Ali fan. He was the greatest of all time. He stood up in what he believed in, outside the ring and inside the ring, his a true legend. RIP Champ.

Just got home from work and heard this sad news.Truly a great man.R.I.P. Cassius Clay,The People's Champion,The Greatest,The Louisville Lip.61 fights 56 wins,37 by knockout.

My late father used to watch boxing a lot on T.V. when I was a kid but I never really liked it much. Muhammad Ali used to train with Bruce Lee as well and was a well accomplished martial artist. Another one of a kind gone. R.I.P.

Awesome fighter. Can you believe when I was a kid in grade 5 or 6 at school we were allowed to watch one of his title fights on the TV in the assembly room, our headmaster must have bee a big fan I guess. Imagine that in a primary school theses days, outrageous. Was super cool though and will never forget it. :)

One of the few that could not only talk the talk but could also walk the walk.

Best quote I ever heard about the man was from George Foreman, he was widely tipped to beat Ali and to beat him easily. George said that after punching Ali around the ring for 6 rounds he landed a punch he was sure would put the great man on the canvas. Ali looked at him and said "is that the best you got George?" Foreman thought to himself Yeah that 's about it and Ali then proceeded to kick his ar#e.

There were those that loved him and those that didn't but there were few that never respected the man. RIP.

SC75 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejVLwkI5dm8
Champions Forever...Ali,Frazier,Foreman,Norton and Holmes sit together and talk about there great fights with one another.
Its got the same quote from George Foreman on this doco Magilla.

Thanks for the link mate, I haven't seen that one before. Interesting to see Smokin Joe still a bit bitter about a couple of the decisions that went against him, must admit he was very unlucky in one of them.

Latest posts