Queensland (Qld) weather advice and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mackka said:
Bruce Highway closed at Caboolture in both directions forthe next 24 hours.
Mackka
Where are you getting your info from Mackka?

QLD govt site suggests otherwise. Need to know, we have accommodation booked for a few days at Maroochydore :(
https://qldtraffic.qld.gov.au/index.html
King John Creek bridge. Bruce Highway southbound closed. Traffic diverted to north bound bridge.

bicter said:
Mackka said:
Bruce Highway closed at Caboolture in both directions forthe next 24 hours.
Mackka
Where are you getting your info from Mackka?

QLD govt site suggests otherwise. Need to know, we have accommodation booked for a few days at Maroochydore :(
https://qldtraffic.qld.gov.au/index.html
King John Creek bridge. Bruce Highway southbound closed. Traffic diverted to north bound bridge.
North bound rarely closses.
There's only 1 lane open heading north.
Its much higher than the southbound bridge.
Traffic southbound is diverted over the northbound bridge.
I live 100mtrs from it. :Y:
Even if it does close you can go through Caboolture then head to Elimbah and get back on the Bruce hwy from there.

We all know of places that suffered in 2013, so we should know where to target any help. My Mums funeral will be delayed due to too soft an earth to dig safely now.
I only have wet grass here at my place so far..... pretty wet though. :cloudy:

216ml since 9am till now. Rain hasnt stopped all night. Still nowhere near the house, excellent drainage unlike some other poor buggars that are kneedeep.
Mackka

According to my weather report, Brisbane has had 134 in the past 24hrs and expecting another 174 in the next 24 hrs. Pomona has had 100 and expecting another 112 in 24hrs, Wacol 110 and another 153 in the next 24hrs.
A lot of water just running out to the ocean in many places, such a waste of a natural resource that could be harvested in many areas.
Mackka

Neighbour tells me it's lapping at my door step in the Gimp, will go under as Mary hasn't peaked as yet. Will see what's left when i can get there :eek: Highest in the Gimp I have ever seen. Some buildings even the roof is under water .