Queensland (Qld) weather advice and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaros

In Remembrance Nov. 2023
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it it is starting to look a bit ominous . Storms clouds coming in over the bay islands a bit if red and yellow. Good solid rain. The thing is most of our dams are 99%
full and i don't think that they have started spilling water. Too late if they haven't by now.

Yeah not looking so bad for SEQ now, though the GFS Raincast computer model is lining up for between 175 and 250mm around Coffs Harbour over the next 72 hours. When it lines up over several model runs it starts getting pretty accurate, well mostly it does. Looks like the East Coast of NSW is going to get a bit.

It was showing around 300mm for Toowoomba but that has dissapeared.

It started here at 5pm yesturday and hasnt stopped.
Got the fire place on now...bit moist for sick kids.
My water tank fills up around 40mls of rain...its been over flowing since day break. No stormy conditions just constant rain... not drizzly.... rain.
Creeks need another flushing for a PA meet up. :D

Blue sky not a cloud.....and the creeks are a turbulent muddy serpent splashing over the sides washing boulders and trees into the mix! Oh my goats!!! Im excited!!! :D

Hahaha i did jaros.. :D even built a little alloy cleanup sluice...with bilge for a special trip this winter west. Cockroaches have eaten holes in me waders and me spare boots have newly discovered holes not happy jan! . All the little gullies around here got washed out good...eroded 2m in some areas which normally dont have water.. so now we are waiting for the run off from sunny coast catchment we usually flood from that...i believe the mary river needs prospectors to clean up the gravel bars that inhibit the drainage of water...we flood here because the mary gets bottle necked and we slowly fill up. But such is life and im making the most out of it. :D

Hahaha so true ... :D
I used to do wednesdays at aldi im sure stoyve might still! Could be on to somthing there...mate.
You got sunshine yet mate?

5 people were killed in these storms, pretty major flash flooding happening. I thought it would be bad but not that bad, that system was building a bit like the last one.