Queensland (Qld) weather advice and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well now that the rain has eased, stopped?, i can report that i have saved my very large cypress that blew over in the wind last weekend. I had an arborist come over with his 4x4 and front winch. Within an hour it was upright, tied down and secured onto 50mmx1 metre solid steel posts (couldnt get half shafts). Just hope the root system is ok as it didnt appear broken just lifted out of the ground partially. So that made me happy and my wallet sad. As everyone knows when the ground is sodden and cant take anymore water and you mix strong wind with it, trees tumble but i decided to save it instead of having it cut up snd mulched. Happy with the outcome.
Cheers
Mackka

Storm clouds building to the west -keep an eye on it mudlarks.

1646528742_screenshot_12.jpg

Mrs S said that Sand Surfer storm had 450,000 lightning strikes(or flashes I'd suppose if they didn't ground) in it
That was on Facebook apparently

just local rodt, it was our turn to be under the cloud burst ,a few other readings from people i know where,310 322 365 ,390 (all around me) people i know on the other side of the river about 1 km away got 160mm and a mate in east bundy got 68 ,you got drowned if you where under it ,splitters creek was way up this morning ,it may get to about 2 or 3 foot of the bottom of the bridge when high tide arrives
other readings from around the area where mainly in the 200's to 240mm

450,000 strikes silver ,happening to fast to count them mate ,but it was the best light show i have ever seen, i have never seen lightning hang in the air for about 3 second,s while touching the ground and all lit up like xmas trees, it was like the middle of the day how things were lit up

i was sitting on the front veranda watching the light show silver till he wind changed and started to fill my beer can with water ]:D don't like watered down beer :lol:

all good rodt, it is how it has been happening around here with the rain over the last few years ,if you are under it you cop it ,like last november we got about 6mm and fairymead got hundreds

the next day i drove the cane train down to the old ferry crossing at fairymead mill where the trucks pick up the cane bins and take them over the river to the mill, we had a 1 1/2 foot high bow wave in front of the loco ,everything was under water the holding yard as well, i said to my off sider no diving off the loco we are in the shallow end :lol:

there was another downpour at meadowvale one night that washed the ballast and rail away at 2 sidings ,the washout at castro's siding was not to bad, but the one at the donkey farm blew the whole colvert out, and as the crow flies i am about 5 km south of meadowvale and we did not get a drop

weird weather we are having here :(