Queensland detecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,
As someone just in the research stage of my new chosen hobby ( not even bought a detector yet, still sussing the best one for me ) I am reading all the articles I can and remember reading somewhere that Queensland is pretty well all sewn up by the government for access to areas etc, then recently I read on a detector review that Qld have granted access to certain state forests for fossicking and detecting etc.
Question ( sorry if its a bit stupid ). Are there still areas in QLD where you can go that have had gold finds in the past but are still empty enough for you to be pretty much on your own without bumping into loads of like minded people or are you pretty much stuck with the well trodden ( and presumably detected ) path.
Not being anti social, just feeling the pioneer spirit and fancy the road less travelled.

I guess what you're trying to say is you're looking for virgin land yes in short there are still places out there That have not had the magic wand Swept over but they are out of reach for the average guy you need a lot of experience 8) in a lot of different fields and this is where it becomes a job not a hobby

That is a extremely short version Haha

Cheers Mitch
:)

Also in QLD and looking for gold patches.

My SDC2300 is ready to vaccumm.

When you get your detector, hit me up and we'll go for a hunt!

Where are you located in QLD, how far are you willing to travel to find Gold?

My advice is don't worry about the designated fossicking area's or lack there off (except for Clermont)
There are huge area's of private property throughout QLD there are some who charge you for the right to detect there, there are others that just need to be asked in the correct manner, it seems hard at the start but once you start to do your own research & find out the info for yourself you will be far better off, I have access to more land that I could detect in a lifetime & I never see another soul "Happy Days"

cheers
Lee

Latest posts