QED PL3 package deal

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the point of the link Reg it says I am not allowed to access the page :argh: do I have to be invited, pay or am I blocked because they don't like me :/

Post by Reg.

The QED PL3 has been seen to perform so well with the Russian coils that I can now offer them as a QED package. The combination that I use myself and recommend is now available to my customers.

There are three handle and stem variations... Whites S stem - Whites straight stem - Detech straight stem.
For audio unhindered by cable, the Quest WiFi systems, where there are three options, are a proven, compact concept.....TxRx Mate which can be matched to any headphones or earbuds, or the Lite or Pro WiFi Headsets. I also have Noise cancelling head phones for use in conjunction with the Quest Mate cordless TxRx.

These combinations bring out the very best in the QED, giving the ultimate in light weight, unencumbered metal detecting.

This premium pulse induction package which includes QED PL3, 12" x 6" spiral hybrid X coil, Quest WiFi, and N/C headphones begins at just AU$2,600.00.

A small coil on the QED for small gold is where the QED excels the most and is as good as an SDC on small gold.

Sorry guys if you couldn't open that post. What I forgot to mention is that I will throw in a Sadie 8" x 6" coil in that Deal.

That is a great deal!
Bang for buck, I think it would be very hard to find anything 2nd hand that would even come close. What are the X coils worth by themselves?

Hello Reg ,

This premium pulse induction package which includes QED PL3, 12" x 6" spiral hybrid X coil, Quest WiFi, and N/C headphones begins at just AU$2,600.00.

That deal sounds real good :Y:
How would you compair it's performance to a 7000 at around $10,000 ?

Cheers
Jack

washgravel said:
A small coil on the QED for small gold is where the QED excels the most and is as good as an SDC on small gold.

At risk of derailing the thread if you have some examples and details of this I would love to see it in another thread. Cheers.

Good evening Jack, the outstanding performance of the X coil as well as the unbeatable combination of Wirefree and noise cancelling gives a performance very close to the most expensive detectors, with the benefit of being much lighter and better balanced.
I would point out that the price is for the S style handle and stem, whereas the Detech or Whites 'tower' handle versions are $50.00 more.
I can supply the Quest Lite or Pro headphone systems but they are not noise cancelling and are slightly extra. Supplies are limited as deliveries of the coils from Russia are difficult and freight is expensive at the moment.

Reg Wilson said:
Good evening Jack, the outstanding performance of the X coil as well as the unbeatable combination of Wirefree and noise cancelling gives a performance very close to the most expensive detectors, with the benefit of being much lighter and better balanced.
I would point out that the price is for the S style handle and stem, whereas the Detech or Whites 'tower' handle versions are $50.00 more.
I can supply the Quest Lite or Pro headphone systems but they are not noise cancelling and are slightly extra. Supplies are limited as deliveries of the coils from Russia are difficult and freight is expensive at the moment.

Greeting Reg ,

Thanks for that excellent reply , I can understand the present difficulties regarding importing of the Russia coils .

Nice to hear the Performance can compete with the so expensive units !

Cheers & Beers :beer:
jack .

RM Outback said:
What's the point of the link Reg it says I am not allowed to access the page :argh: do I have to be invited, pay or am I blocked because they don't like me :/
You will need to register to view the article.

washgravel said:
mbasko said:
washgravel said:
Be good to see your no holds barred comparison/field testing here: https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=24295
Especially if it's PL3 spec.

As far as I am concerned then let people purchase the QED and find it out for themselves.
Jeez WG after the questions you've asked over the years & the obliging manner that members here have replied to help you out, including some detail on testing results, one may have assumed you might be obliging enough in return to type a few words on your own experiences in comparing the QED to SDC to help member/s make a decision before dropping the ~$2k to buy one?

No worries, it's a common theme on forums these days. All take, no give. :/
Although there's plenty of members here willing to offer their advice, experiences & more importantly their finds with the SDC.
QED owners seem to get a free chip on the shoulder with the purchase. Is that part of the package Reg :lol:
Just joking you blokes ]:D :lol: O:)

mbasko said:
washgravel said:
mbasko said:
washgravel said:

Be good to see your no holds barred comparison/field testing here: https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=24295
Especially if it's PL3 spec.

As far as I am concerned then let people purchase the QED and find it out for themselves.

Jeez WG after the questions you've asked over the years & the obliging manner that members here have replied to help you out, including some detail on testing results, one may have assumed you might be obliging enough in return to type a few words on your own experiences in comparing the QED to SDC to help member/s make a decision before dropping the ~$2k to buy one?

Okay Ill bite if Reg does not mind me replying in his thread.

An example of recent testing against an SDC with an 8 mono on the QED using tiny 0.05 & 0.08-gram nuggets both detectors produced equal results for outright sensitivity.

Another example with the 8 mono on both a 5000 in FG and QED using 1-gram ,2-gram & 4-gram nuggets then unfortunately the QED could not match the 5000.

Now in hindsight with the opportunity that I had to test the QED against the SDC I wish I had also tested the 1, 2 & 4 gram nuggets as well.

Of course, Reg and others may disagree however these are only my findings and why I believe in what I said in my first reply in regard to the SDC and QED.

WG the example you give is with the 8" mono coil may not match the 5000, however that is far from conclusive and tests conducted at the Coiltek test site gave a different result altogether. (witnessed by PMAV president) So in short, your testing proved only that in certain conditions and with certain settings the 5000 out performed the QED. You did not mention what settings were used with the QED, and with all due respect, you may not be the most experienced of operators when it come to QED. I would venture that you have far more experience with a 5000.
As a tester for MInelab from the mid eighties to the early nineties, and having found hundreds of ounces using Minelab machines I hardly think that I need instruction on the performance of various detectors.
I don't hold much faith in so called testing. It is only a rough guidline to a detectors performance, and I prefer the 'proof of the pudding' criteria.
'Different strokes for different folks'. I just favour the detector that gives me the results, and don't feel the need to prove anything to anyone.

Reg Wilson said:
I just favour the detector that gives me the results, and don't feel the need to prove anything to anyone.

Fair enough with the last half of the statement, but the first half is exactly why people will continue to ask how well the QED performs.

Not being critical, but perhaps the lack of dedicated users currently sharing their experience invites a need for those using the machine to either demonstrate or give some details about what they can expect to a potential user?

I get the QED might not have 1000s in a marketing budget but website hosting and social media are mostly time outlay rather than expense to give some visual and informative demonstrations of performance. Perhaps there is and I have not come across it?

Theres scattered info and users if seeking it out that Ive found.

I dont think its too much to ask from someone considering outlaying $1500 to $2600 for some detailed performance capabilities that are easily accessible or is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts