Protecting coil plugs - el cheapo method

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can't upload a photo at the moment but I bought some 13mm chair leg rubber end fittings, the bits that go onto the end of chairs to stop them marking floors etc - about $2 for a pack of four at hardware stores. They fit snuggly onto the plug end of coils and should provide protection when travelling and storing. they also fit onto the ends of detector power leads. Once I have sorted this out I will post an image and details. Nice and cheap and protects the coil sockets. Nothing worse than a dodgy coil connection to ruin your day. To cross check your coils and this was for Nugget Finder, Coiltek and Minelab coils, measure the end of the coil plug (the bit that plugs into your detector) to check that other brands match.

Happy detecting.

Hey loamer, what sort of troubles are you having uploading an image?

not you Nugget - camera cable to computer is cactus. I have found that swearing at it didn't work. I'll sort it out tomorrow.

Updated with images - $2 a packet of four. You will get the idea - this is a very cheap way of protecting a vital piece of equipment.

1377411327_pkt.jpg

1377411348_solo.jpg

1377411367_unjoined.jpg

1377411386_joined.jpg

Latest posts