Prospecting / Gold detecting tours & training Victoria

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My reply does not help with your request though I have added some useful info.

You can hire the 2300 at Coiltek in Maryborough. Just speak with Andy.

Just be cautious which gold tour you go with as these can be very expensive. I would stay away from one
held on private land though. Why? I prefer to detect in the Bush and if you find the right course that take you out in the bush
and actually teach you what to look for I don't think you will see the ground in the same way as you do now.

I would target the West side of Talbot and the west side of Maryborough though if your going out to do some detecting.

Good luck with it.

Wolfau, that is brilliant! Thank you! We were originally looking at hiring an SDC but I wasn't able to find anywhere nearby that rented them. They also do tours themselves apparently, which are much cheaper and more geared towards what we were looking at.
My dad got told by a local in Clunes that was also a good area, we had a bit of a go with the xterra over there but no luck. I imagine it'll be better going with a PI.

Thanks again!

Talbot is the area to hit, west side just before Maryborough.

Good luck with it though as the time for prospecting has started and is right now.

Just be patient. Its out there though.

I can tell you from experience. I went out with a pro and since then I do not look at the ground the same way.

Its like a have been scarred with what I was not able to see before hand until it was pointed out.

The boys at Coiltek are a great bunch of guys and very helpful as well.

Your dad is lucky to be living out that way.

Good luck with it. Loamers signature is spot on which reads "Learn to SEE, not just LOOK".

Wolfau said:
I would stay away from one's
held on private land though.

Have to agree, just doesn't seem right to be teased with what is not generally accessible, what you see and where you're taken to detect may not resemble the 'real world' bush settings us mere mortals are restricted to.
That being said probably half of all the old diggings are now on private properties, just need to make the right contacts to get permission. Then again there are 10's of thousands oh hectares available to detect .... although a lot has been covered there is much that hasn't been throughly detected, or detected with the 'newer' generation detectors .... just have to find them.
Cheers and Good Luck, Tom

ps the SDC is a great 'starters' detector, gain confidence with it and take note of your surroundings and later 'graduate' to an upmarket as some would say 'serious' detecting tool.

I think the SDC2300 is primed and is perfect for the central vic goldfields.

Why? In most cases (not all) gold is found only upto 8" in depth. If a large piece
is lurking around I would be very surprised if the 2300 did not ping it.

Coiltek MaryB have their own test area I believe. They are trustworthy and reliable. Its on the left heading out of MaryB on the Dunolly Rd. Up near the new Mitre 10 store. I'd ring them to see if they hire the SDC or any other detectors before you make the trip. I think Goldsearch at Dunolly hire but not sure of tours/training.

Hi
I am heading to Victoria for a week about the 12th January and would be keen to do a day tour in the Golden triangle. Any recommendations for a supplier. I have a GPX 5000 but very little experience. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Richard

be happy to spend some time with you south of ballarat if you up for it

Darren Camp from Gold & Relics. Kiwi Karen had a good trip out with him. Top bloke, wealth of knowledge.

Hi,
I arrived in Australia 4 weeks ago. I bought a car and finished my Set up
Now Im looking for a training with my New 2300.
Im looking for a 3 days guidet trainig in vic at Jan or Feb. Can you give me a tip for a good guide or a company? Maybe some one in the forum?
Bye Jens

Coiltec Gold Centre Maryborough do tours and training on Friday and Saturday for $120 per day. Only $85 if you have your own detector. Booking is essential. You can find their contact details via their web site. I have not done their tour but others have recommended them.

Good Luck Bob

Golden Triangle Tours (GTT)
Grekkie runs a top tour as well, runs over the ins and outs of your detector and then takes you out to the gold fields, and from memory he covers all models of minelab detectors, from the old girls to the latest.
He was a god send for me and my 5k :D
goldentriangletours.com.au ;)

Yep Grekkie is your man An ex copper who is entertaining and never short of a word and could talk the leg of a table. Top fella. Been out the whip stick area for years.

I concur with the others, you won't be disappointed with Golden Triangle Tours and Grekkie. Accommodation is great, food is 1st class, and the teaching is top notch.

Hey all,

Looking at a training day for me and a mate and have heard good things about Stoppsy (Paul) training.

Tried messaging him on his facebook page and also send an sms. Havent been able to get onto him.

Anyone know of the best way to contact him?

Hopefully im not hassling him if he is on holidays or something :p

Thanks heaps

Just a noob - was thinking of trying out the half-day tour with 'Gold & Relics' near Ballarat - can anyone
tell me if they've tried that one, or maybe can recommend another? Not expecting to strike it rich, but
should be worthwhile talking to some experienced prospectors.

Give diggerdownunder.com.au a go Reg is an absolute wealth of knowledge . He is the real deal .

Lasseter said:
Just a noob - was thinking of trying out the half-day tour with 'Gold & Relics' near Ballarat - can anyone
tell me if they've tried that one, or maybe can recommend another? Not expecting to strike it rich, but
should be worthwhile talking to some experienced prospectors.

Sent you a PM, most of the Gold Tour operators are OK, haven't done any for a while (prev.. 1 with Ray, Craig and Robert, think it was their only one and one with Nenad that he ran on a trip to the GT). Have seen G & R tours when out and about in the same areas I've gotten gold. There are quite a few options when you check/google them.
Cheers T.