Plastic Time

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Plastic Time otherwise known as Day Light Savings, ptttt. Winter solstice is the darkest day 21st June (southern hemisphere) and therefore 21st December is the longest day.

Winter has limited day light, it'd be nice to express an extra hour from the day at this time of year prospecting in a comfortable climate. Or for those who run a business to structure a week in the knowledge you have an extra 5 to 6 hours to earn the government more tax :mad:. Oh no the thats to logical for most by the comments I hear, we love it during summer was a comment from a friend who is a GP.

Increased day light when the sun produces its highest UV allows for an extra hour for skin cancer to take hold imo, I'm no scientist. Yet the natural fact of day light extension takes place during summer. So what is it with the people (brain dead imo) who relish and retain this pretentious this time of year as great.

If Day Light Savings is to be beneficial it'd be best during the winter imo, for business the nation and personal pursuits.

No offence intended, I just hate Plastic Time with a passion.

Plenty of daylight left to get things done outdoors after work is what I appreciate most.

Yes I've often thought it would be good during winter too BUT it's only just light at 7.00am mid winter as it is so we would be starting work in the dark (6.00am). Bit hard if you work in the building game or outdoor trades.

RM Outback said:
If Day Light Savings is to be beneficial it'd be best during the winter imo, for business the nation and personal pursuits.

I was just saying that same thing to someone last week... and he pointed out that if that was the case, it would still be dark at 8:30 am :8

RM Outback said:

Will second this comment, even though we have only tried DLS once in WA and two subsequent referendums failed.
Doesn't make sense kids coming home from school in the hottest part of the day?

Latest posts