Overdue Toll SMS - scam or wrong number?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im getting hassled by phone message, a Tax Department scam Threatening legal action... Pass... :mad:

And one from Energy Australia for a gas bill.... Funny thing is Im NOT with Energy Australia for Gas or Power... Double pass... :mad: :mad:

They are out there trying hard to get hold of your money...

On our news last night they mentioned a Covid scam, where you can jump the queue for your Vaccine... They have got 100's so far...

Average amount scammed is a Whopping $18,000 each person in this covid scam.. :eek:

LW....

when ever you get something sus like that, just type in the search bar of your internet (google) or like, and type in

Toll way scam Adelaide or where ever you are.....I did this recently for a tax scam or what ever it was.

I also got one from Telstra about my Internet.... Im NOT with Telstra for anything.... I just block their Emails and phone numbers now...

Do Not open any links they send you either.. ...

LW...

I notice that police have made an arrest and laid charges in connection with scam SMS messages purporting to be from Linkt, however please be aware that the scam is ongoing - I got a fresh one this morning.

Treat any such messages with caution, do not respond to them and do not click on any links embedded in them.

Yep and also be aware of the Telstra, McAfee Security and Norton Security Scams.
Hi Mackka. I keep getting Mcaffee notices coming up. With the options of join up, or accept risk. I always hit accept risk, just to make go away for a while. Is this one a scam or real. How can I stop it appearing all the time? Thanks. wiley.

Gold Coast Taxis have scammed our cards twice now . Have received refunds both times (numerous purchases in Indonesia and Paris but luckily we had never been there ),and I wouldn’t have bought a gucci handbag anyhow. The bank was very good about it and said it was a common practice on the gold coast and keep your card in sight at all times.

Hi Mackka. I keep getting Mcaffee notices coming up. With the options of join up, or accept risk. I always hit accept risk, just to make go away for a while. Is this one a scam or real. How can I stop it appearing all the time? Thanks. wiley.
Phone or Pc? If it's computer it's probably standard bloatware, Can be removed from an adblocker, My favourite is Ublock origin,
What ever browser you use just type in google "Ublock extension (name of browser)"
And download that, Restart browser all adds/pop ups gone :D Haven't had a ad on anything in years, Not even youtube or streaming websites.

Hi Mate I believe it's a scam because wife also got it a day later asking to renew but we don't use norton or Mcafee. Report and delete and block.

Phone or Pc? If it's computer it's probably standard bloatware, Can be removed from an adblocker, My favourite is Ublock origin,
What ever browser you use just type in google "Ublock extension (name of browser)"
And download that, Restart browser all adds/pop ups gone :D Haven't had a ad on anything in years, Not even youtube or streaming websites.
Phone mate.

Latest posts