NSW prospector

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kuskus

Marcus
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just joined the group and am amazed at all the info and the great people here.

I live in Sydney and love to get out to the sofala, ophir, grove creek areas.

just seeing if there's anyone that's heads out that way looking to set up a gold busting camping trip, my mates ant that driven by gold and just like to drink while I want to dig for 8hrs.

I have 2010 colorado 4x4 and want to get to sum out of the way spots where no ones been for awhile, where the good gold lyes.

Let's get that GOLD!

Thanks Freddie, I'm sure there here. When it warms up they all come.

Also looking at hill end for some nugget shooting, any 1 had any luck there and where should I start?

G'day Kus Kus, you'll find that very soon you will link up with somebody on the forum and away you go. Just a little patience. It's a very small world and someone here will link up really quickly-even if you go to you local Miners Den or the like - it will happen.
Cheers Jack

Cheers for the help guys.

I'll have to chat to nugget when he gets back, love it around there

Hey Kuskus,

I know how you feel about camping trips with mates that don't want to do anything but drink all day. I'd be keen to hit up Sofala, Hill End, Oberon, Sunny Corner or pretty much any area for some gold or gemstones even.
I have a 2012 Colorado 4x4 aswell with a canopy so camping trips are easy to fit heaps of stuff in. I have a Garrett AT Pro detector, digging tools, mini plastic sluice box, gold pans.
Once it starts to warm up I'm definitely in. Otherwise I'd be keen to hit up Sydney beaches wit ya in the mean time. Hard to find a fellow passionate detectorist in Sydney, although I'm from Penrith. lol.
Let me know if ya keen.
Cheers.

Hey biker, yeah defently keen. I'm just waiting on a markirk sluice but other then that I'm ready to pack my 4x4 and hit the road or lack of road lol.

I'm on the Beachers and got a gold bug pro but never hit the beach with it.

I wanna do a quick recon trip soon, I'll post it on the fourm and maybe us sydneyknights get something going.

kuskus said:
Hey everyone,

Just joined the group and am amazed at all the info and the great people here.

I live in Sydney and love to get out to the sofala, ophir, grove creek areas.

just seeing if there's anyone that's heads out that way looking to set up a gold busting camping trip, my mates ant that driven by gold and just like to drink while I want to dig for 8hrs.

I have 2010 colorado 4x4 and want to get to sum out of the way spots where no ones been for awhile, where the good gold lyes.

Let's get that GOLD!

You seem to have the bug like the rest of us, being a good digger gives you the right attitude as it often doesnt come easy. Im sure there will be some PA trips coming up so make sure you pop out to one. Lots of fun if you dont mind a bit of hard yakka while ur mates are back at the pub- theres plenty of time for that too!

Hey biker I'm from the Penrith area too, i have a high banker and a detector that I've barely used so I'm always keen for a dig but work is always the enemy, I'm just waiting to pick upmost new hilux4x4 and then I'll be ready to join you and kuskus out there:)

gday all not quiet a new south welsh man but from the act just starting out thought i would say hi

Hay adamw, welcome. :D

I might be doing a trip to to Oallan just north of act have you herd of this area? I hear there's good alluvial gold there.

narr i haven't heard of the area will be doing some research now on it thanks still yet to buy a pan but have the folding shovel thanks for the tip mate