Newcastle Beaches

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wondering does any body in the Newcastle or Hunter region ever see anyone detecting the local beaches , I spoke with a beach inspector one day and he thought the screens on the beach raking machine would let the coins pass through , The other night I was on one of My missions and went to mereweather beach ,plenty of sand moved , sand cliffs, exposed rocks all the good stuff and I must have searched every grain of sand ,,,,,for TWO dollars ...one target ! or the GFC has arrived !

Regards L/R

I normally try do the local beaches once or twice a week most times average about 10 dollars I try to alternate between beaches . Have also seen a few other people hitting newie and nobbies at night or really early in the morning . Just keep at it some days are better than others best of luck ;)

Hi Land Rover. Of all the Newcastle beaches I've always found Mereweather to be the least productive. I think the beach rake they use catches most of the items, It must have smaller holes than other beaches. Even after storms the pickings are slim!

G,day All
, Thanks for the replys , Not a worry as long as everyone enjoys themselves !!!!!!

Regards L/R

Latest posts