NEW Whites v4

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Rumours have it Whites is introducing an upgraded v3i.

This is a rumour I have read on another forum and can not confirm because its not information
sourced from a dealer directly.

New features may include the ability to choose frequencies which is whats needed in my opinion
and a PI Mode which would make it a killer detector. Lets imagine for one moment if it works
in our Gold Fields or better still how cool would it be on the beach?

I think it would be awesome if it had an extra 3 frequencies added for better target rejection
eg 9,12,14 KHZ simply by choosing the frequencies you want to work or custom adding the frequency
you want to work with.

The launch date is around Mid April.

Yeah i read that also, be very interested in this one if it comes to fruition.

I just sold my v but have kept my Deus because
I am expecting a few new pi detectors to Be released
this year.

The only things the v needs is the ability to choose
frequencies and more frequencies added.

Those that have used one will know Why this
will be helpful.

Eg 2.5, 7.5, 10.5, 12.5, 14.5, 19.5

Then we can discriminate via frequency :)

Yes its not bullet proof but no more digging
aluminium screw caps.

The pulse induction feature will come in handy
As well as long as its primed to hit small
Nuggets deep.

The platform is already there re the v3 just
Needs to be fine tuned.

will be helpful.

Then we can discriminate via frequency smile

aluminium screw caps.
The FBS/BBS machines should have been able to do this long ago if frequency was the issue.?

I just hope this next one has PC/USB abilities. :|
Strange how the v3i can connect to wireless headphones....but not a PC.??.

Narrawa said:
will be helpful.

Then we can discriminate via frequency smile

aluminium screw caps.
The FBS/BBS machines should have been able to do this long ago if frequency was the issue.?

I just hope this next one has PC/USB abilities. :|
Strange how the v3i can connect to wireless headphones....but not a PC.??.

The trouble with BBS/FBS systems is they are a single Frequency and the machine uses 17 and 28 Harmonic's of that Frequency, So it is not so much of 17/28 frequencies but it has a similar effect.

I found the deepest small item I ever found with a detector using BBS Sov GT and the standard 10" Coil, In clean ground they have hidden powers.

You guys have missed the point about extra frequencies.

The frequency on the v3i are all separate and work
individually To give you individual output of target id
That fall under each frequency.

Is frequency the issue? For me it is.

The 2.5khz range identifies as silver coins, $1 and
$2 coins etc

Gold rings and other stuff fall under the higher frequency.

Aluminium screw caps are identified in the 7.5kz range.
In this Range though larger rings may be missed if you
opt to not Dig the 7.5khz targets. By having extra
frequencies you may Be able to fine tune the detector if
say aluminium screw caps Fall under 7.5khz and larger
gold rings fall say in the 12khz. If this is correct then all
you need to do is choose all frequencies Except the 7.5
and presto no more aluminium screw caps.

There is discrimination but target elimination by frequency
Is your best chance of eliminating targets you don't want to
Dig though its not bullet proof and its this sort of technology
that may change things. Might need some sort of notch
refinement though when opting not to use a certain frequency.

Wolfau said:
You guys have missed the point about extra frequincies.

Not sure why the other Brand technology needed
mentioning as it operates differently.

The reason for my post is to, point out the difference between what you were describing and what Narrawa was saying, along with the fact that you were talking about being able to manually select each Frequency. As opposed them being in one lump so to speak.

The trouble with BBS/FBS systems is they are a single Frequency and the machine uses 17 and 28 Harmonic's of that Frequency, So it is not so much of 17/28 frequencies but it has a similar effect.
From memory, i think i read in the patents they use about three frequencies.? You would have to find the patents to get the full understanding.

My point was that multi frequency was/is not the answer to the problem, whether you can manually select a frequency or not.
The biggest hate is ring pulls twist tops and screw caps. Vlfs have been around a very long time now, and the problem of IDing these pesky things has not advanced from the first of the FBS machines to the last. Or any other brand or model.

Narrawa said:
From memory, i think i read in the patents they use about three frequencies.? You would have to find the patents to get the full understanding.

My point was that multi frequency was/is not the answer to the problem, whether you can manually select a frequency or not.
The biggest hate is ring pulls twist tops and screw caps. Vlfs have been around a very long time now, and the problem of IDing these pesky things has not advanced from the first of the FBS machines to the last. Or any other brand or model.

Yep I agree, With the Whites machines I like their ID numbers but the trouble is many targets can come up with the same sets of numbers like ring pulls hammered coins and fine gold rings and some modern coins, I have just come to except the fact that metal items of different size and weights and shapes all have the same signature.

Latest posts