New to WA, new to prospecting but I'm getting that gold bug!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good morning,
Firstly I would like to introduce my self. My name is Karn, I'm an 29 year old aircraft engineer who has recently moved over from the Queensland state with my girlfriend and 2 dogs for work commitments. I have been following the silver and gold market for the past 24 months and throwing away any spare cash into bars and coins. I have this urge to go and find my own though!! My current roster is 4days on/ 4 days off so I have abit of spare time to research and even take short trips away to local sites. Im planing on staying in WA for the next 12-18 months and eventually spend 3-4 months driving back east and doing alot of digging on the way. As I am new to prospecting i guess I am looking for someone/group I could go along with, learn the ropes, provide me with the knowledge on where to look and equipment to use. If anyone is going on short trips from Perth I would love to jump aboard for the ride. I have my own 4WD and camping equipment. Anyway love to hear some replies. Thanks for reading
Karn

Hey Karn, welcome to the forum.
Don't be disheartened that it's taken a week for someone to welcome you mate - sometimes posts get quickly lost/overlooked when there's a heap of topics on the go.

Anyho, grab a bevvie & enjoy the group. Good bunch of folk here.

Welcome to the forum Karn, you've taken a great step forward in becoming a forum member, as much of the information you will read on the threads won't be easily researched from outside sources. Many experienced prospectors here willing to help you with any queries you may have in finding that first bit of gold.

Best of luck and look forward to sharing your prospecting adventures,

Cheers Wal.

Welcome to the forum Karn.
For starters your'e in the right part of the world to begin your prospecting adventures.
Keep your eyes on the forum mate, most of the members have Gypsy blood running through the veins and can pop up anywhere in WA. At any time. There are also a few of us that squirrle away the odd bar and coin but it doesnt beat finding your own..... :)
Dont hesitate to ask any questions you think you may have. Very healpfull bunch here.
Great to have you onboard..
Cheers
Chris

Latest posts