NEW Gold Sucker invention (crevicing tool)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1441659100_image.jpg

We bought one of these, is the snizz

Chewy said:
So are the yabbie pump type things legal to use in Victoria? Serious question, not being a smart alec. Is it a grey area?
Most prospectors I know including my self are using one.

Fair nuff. Hardly a dredge. I just thought I'd ask in case the powers classed it as a dredge. Hand operated you'd think it would be ok as long as its not powered. Thinking bout buying something along those lines to.

Have a look at the bilge pump hose at BCF, works great, only time it clogged was at the end fitting on the bucket , so put peice of clear there , can see the material go through. did the same at the pump out let.When its dirty your in good stuff.

Hi have a look on youtube. I looked at a bloke in the US testing out a DeWalt wet / dry battery powered vac looked great. I have not got into the panning crevicing side of things but if I did this would be my first purchase.

Sorry everyone tried a vid and I am going to change the plunger rubbers and try again as I wasn't fully happy with out come.. and I am kind of a bit side tracked at the moment.. regards :cool:

Hi Everyone lm gunna have to eat my words I don't think I will be doing a video of it working but instead I will do a video on how to build them, "heads up" you will need a plastic welder to build it and to buy the pipe and fittings will cost you about $110 and the idea well that's priceless. The video will be on you tube so just follow my links when you see me post it.. Cheers all

Evening greencheeks,

I too have developed an effective crevicing device and have posted it here on the forum a few months back. As most people have appreciated, the valves are the thing you have to get right and take a lot of work to be effective and reliable. Also the cost of the materials surprises some people, a handful of PVC sections soon add up in costs for a start. I usually do a run of 5 at a time but even so with a bit of a production line thing going, I usually spend 2 hours on each one by the time I have them completed. I sell mine on ebay now too, here is the link to a short video of mine working. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9CQ3M6t0wU&feature=youtu.be>

Regards,

The Peacekeeper

limpalot said:
Interesting concept Outback, maybe start something , stainless pump bore to stop dust & gravel wear. Need some good "o" rings & maybee a dust deflector, scraper to protect "o" rings.

Yes I'm sure it can be done to work with dry material .
Looking forward to that device :)

That's the main thing that sets me back from making them as you say it does add up when it's not at tradesman's prices and lets face it if I said yeah I will sell them for $200 or $250 say, many would not see the value in it even though mine has paid for itself more than once so for me its an asset and worth every dollar. Sorry Outback didn't mean to ignore you ;) its a funny thing when I first drew it up on paper the o'ring plunger was the thought I had but me ol'mate was wanting to leave for Eldorado and i didn't want to miss out so I built it with a 2 flat rubber plunger kinda like a bike pump but not ;) for quality I would go with the o'rings or at least try it..

That's it GC77, I use mine all the time and the main body of it is still all the original parts. Obviously over time in developing it, I have had valves made of different materials but now that I have the valves spot on with materials I source from a local plastics engineering shop, they last about a year and it has payed for itself and then some. Your price would be fair too as I can see that it's a labour intensive thing to produce, especially if you are selling them they have to work properly and do what you say they do. Otherwise it's just not right to sell people a piece of crap that doesn't work. Blokes are not going to be too pleased and will want their cash back and, since the fraternity is fairly small and word gets about pretty quickly, I didn't want my name and the device's to be mud not to mention refunding and coping the cost of the materials.

A dry sucker, now that's a challenge. I reckon a type of bellows arrangement with an in-line collection chamber between the nozzle/intake similar to a forensic vacuum collector or the small hand held vac's that live under your sink. I think starting with what is already available and made for a similar purpose and then coming up with a way of adapting it is most efficient.

With the bellows/pump section, maybe a look at the better quality and higher capacity hand held or foot operated air mattress pumps for a start point? A browse through BCF/Masters/Bunnings etc should turn up something. The valve arrangement/sequence or, changing the hoses about, depending upon the practicality/original design of the pump would need to be done as the downward push/stroke of the handle is easier than pulling back on the handle to produce the vacuum. With an in-line collection set up, valves are not going to be exposed to grit (a bit of dust at most) so would not be expected to foul and not seat properly and leak to effect the strength of the vacuum.

What ever way, the trick is coming up with a set up that has enough power to do the job and at the same time does not turn your arms an shoulders to jelly in 1 minute flat. Moving liquid by a manual pump is relatively easy, gases on the other hand take a lot of energy and effective machines to move from one point to another in a controlled manner.

Food for though.......

The Peacekeeper

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5FagSQ5ymU[/video]
Hello everyone here's a video of my pump broken down so you can make it yourself if you choose to, I hope it helps someone out I will say that the pump will not work if it is upside down as it works with pressure it also needs gravity for the stones to flow naturally away from the flap valve. this pump will not disappoint even the harshest critic it even works well under water.. Cheers :cool:

greencheeks77 said:
[ this pump will not disappoint even the harshest critic it even works well under water.. Cheers :cool:

Hi Greencheeks ,

Will this work well with dry dirt & gravel ?
If it does we need to talk ;)

Cheers .

Howdy Outback, I have never given it a go purposely on dry material so with an honest answer I would say that I don't think it would very productive as water really helps gather the material together as it is drawn up into the chamber , having said that .. if say you were on a dry sand bar it would suck the sand up hands down but gravel I think would maybe be a little to heavy without the water involved. regards GC And thanks everyone for the feedback its appreciated ;)

greencheeks77 said:
Howdy Outback, I have never given it a go purposely on dry material so with an honest answer I would say that I don't think it would very productive as water really helps gather the material together as it is drawn up into the chamber , having said that .. if say you were on a dry sand bar it would suck the sand up hands down but gravel I think would maybe be a little to heavy without the water involved. )

Thanks for the reply , I was getting excited about it sucking up dry stuff .

Cheers :)

I have a thing that sucks up dry stuff,it is called a battery powered vacum cleaner.

Regards Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts