New Addition to My Family

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Without knowing all the details its completely baffling how it could be sold to a customer without checking the engine and emission operational parts were missing :/

Hope its sorted quickly for you bud, feel for you as on the surface of the details provided this seems to be a pretty big oversight and pretty poor form on their behalf.

Good luck mate, sounds like you need some. :fistpump:

Next move if you can't solve this one
1619773851_images.jpeg-230.jpg

Do you have a ex wife with a voodoo doll or a ex that's a mechanic with a grudge ?

Hopefully its just a freak problem and the rest is bullet proof, 7.62 proof... goodluck and hope your luck swings to the good side.

KEN!..P12 and P13. of the ACL DOCUMENT...Looks to me like it covers your situation...having just run a quick eye over it just now....damn poo and bum!...I just can't get my head around how you have been singled out by the universe to have such damned bad luck!...Here's hoping that they get this thing running the way it should be and you don't have to resort to the threat of litigation to get things done.Hang in there mate and try not to let this worry you unduly :power: all power to you mate

When you buy your next vehicle get a broker to haggle the deal, seriously you are striking out with every deal of the last few years :( There are brokers who will change a nominal fee (under $500.00 for the price range your buying in) the fee is by far a better loss than what you keep revisiting with every cent spent.

Surely if you are an NRMA member they offer pre inspection services (at a fee far less or equal to that of a broker) that tells you your best option prior to committing.

I hope for your sake your still in the warranty period :argh: drive it right up to the scumbags door so he has to climb over the bonet to ask what you are doing there, and then explain he's sold you a piece of shit and you want your money back. Contact consumer affairs prior to paying them a visit and hand them your enquiry reference number :D they won't like it one bit but you will :lol:

Thanks guys i have taken photos of everything and i have told them that as well
Found another problem or maybe not i am not sure will put some photos up later so you can see

7.62marksman said:
Have been losing 1 to 1.5 ltr of water per day
Had a mate come down last weeked and he had a look
The EGR has been bypassed and some bits missing altogether
There is NO coolant at all only water (thats one i picked up)
And the first start of the morning it engine locks or hydro lock or after a long run then sitting for an hour it does the same
Took it back to Toyota where i bought it from to get it fixed
They sent it next door to Mazda to do the work
Still not back yet
Thank god i kept the Statesman
When you say the egr was bypassed, do you mean the EGR Cooler, on the exhaust gas path or the coolant path. Cracked water jackets in the EGR cooler allowing water to leak into the intake were common on that model. Diagnostically presents like a cracked head but isnt (unless its overheated due to lack of coolant ) If this vehicle had been workshop inspected by the dealers workshop prior to sale any 3rd yr apprentice would have noted the lack of inhibitor in the cooling system. And as others have stated the vehicle isn't roadworthy if all emission controls aren't working. :rolleyes: Ask who performed the RWC inspection.

Egr is more environmental tokanism. Electric cars are coming but until then if you really want to help the environment you would have a diesel that lasts a very very long time. Egr means people have to replace there cars sooner and the amount of carbon needed to do so outweighs the benefits of the system in the first place. Sorry for the for the rant Jethro. I am just grumpy because my recent hard rock gold find where just garlic smelling sulphides like you suggested :8 :mad: :lol:

1619924406_a.jpg

This one is a photo of the top of the motor when i removed the nice shiny black plastic cover
I dont know what melted on there but i never said anything to them about it just to see if its cleaned when i get it back that why i know they did the tests that they said they would

1619924556_b.jpg

Latest posts