New Addition to My Family

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7.62marksman said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/8005/1619924406_a.jpg

This one is a photo of the top of the motor when i removed the nice shiny black plastic cover
I dont know what melted on there but i never said anything to them about it just to see if its cleaned when i get it back that why i know they did the tests that they said they would

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/8005/1619924556_b.jpg

My take on your scenario Is that the previous owner had trouble with it loosing coolant and took it to old mate backyarder, Who diagnosed either Cracked EGR or cracked head. Owner says he doesnt want to spend any money on it so old mate spanner man says ''Righto ill just bypass the cooling circuit in the EGR (hence the missing hoses in the first pic) and if it still uses coolant get rid of it ''
The second pic indicates to me that the engine has a leaking injector seat sealing washer. The soot is actually carbon and fuel blow by It also looks as though the grey coloured plug for the electronic injector has melted and been replaced. The leaking injector seat may or may not be related to the coolant lose. I would be demanding a new head at the very least and have someone competent check the condition of the bores when the head is off. Prolonged coolant leak into the cylinder will stuff the cylinder wall and rings. :argh:
I hope im wrong. :( but I have seen/repaired both of these issues before. :/

Just a thought, Does the check engine light come on when you cycle the key to power on but not all the way to crank? If not the globe is either blown or has been removed prior to sale.

jethro said:
Just a thought, Does the check engine light come on when you cycle the key to power on but not all the way to crank? If not the globe is either blown or has been removed prior to sale.
Thanks for that info i am doing an online booking so the NRMA will go to the car yard and inspect it there

I would just go the Full Refund or ACCC route.... You have bought issues again... Sorry to say... :eek: Do not accept a 'Repair'... Full Refund plus Extra...

if you have no luck with the local dealers, Go for the throat.... Head Office of TOYOTA... :|

And next time you purchase, get a NRMA inspection... $400 WELL SPENT... :beer:

LW...

Print out the ACL .pdf in a nice bound version from office works. Itl cost like 8 bucks.
Highlight whats relevant in your case and walk into the dealer with it. Theyll do backflips to fix your problems.
They have no legs to stand on ignoring it... worst case, off to court.... they end up paying yours and theirs legal fees and replacing your car/money.

Car yards and their salesman are on par with real estates..... complete ****tards.!!

If it was me, I would ONLY accept a Full Refund.... That thing will give you grief.....

Its had a fire, Yes, they will fix the damage, but NOT the cause.?..

I will never own anything after 2000... If I cant fix it, I don't want it... :/

LW.....

LoneWolf said:
If it was me, I would ONLY accept a Full Refund.... That thing will give you grief.....

Its had a fire, Yes, they will fix the damage, but NOT the cause.?..

I will never own anything after 2000... If I cant fix it, I don't want it... :/

LW.....

I have to agree , what problems will poke up when the factory gear is put back on ? There has to be a reason why they are gone.
But you will need to weigh up the work you have put into the tray and how well they do at putting this motor back to factory.
I would give them the chance to put it back to perfect with the pre warning if its not 100% spot on you will be taking the full refund and taking the matter to the authorities.

Im just disgusted that a Dealer would sell something like that . Usually they just pass 'Trade In's' on at Auction if they don't meet their specs....

Someone didn't do their job.......

Worst thing is that You liked the car.... 8.(

LW....

Yes thats what makes me so peed off
I have never trusted them after what they done a few years ago to the company bus but i thought they may have improved but alas i was wrong
Problem is i have a long memory of those that have wronged me
Will just wait a see what the inspection shows up

7.62marksman said:
Problem is i have a long memory of those that have wronged me

Me to you !
Dobber , never apoligised did you d@#khead :argh:

jack

Mod Edit
Bullying, harassing and defaming admin, moderators and other members will not be tolerated at all on Prospecting Australia, this extends to and includes other forums and other social media platforms. Permanent bans may apply on Prospecting Australia for doing so.

Latest posts