Native dog creek closed ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any update on this ?
Also why isnt detecting still allowed .
There are still signs up last time I looked. The coil might knock a Booroolong frog in the head? I guess just disturbing the ground down there is a no-no now. In all honesty, the gold is pretty fine not really detectable, you would have much more luck down Trunkey if you were in that neck of the woods.
I have seen some pretty dodgy shit down there too, massive holes and yeah dredging because it's rather isolated....at least it was until Youtube made it popular. The zircons were fun, but there's much better gold options.

Its a pine forest apart from the areas along the creek.. they have trucks and bulldozers knocking down trees everywhere but they think a couple of geriatrics swinging metal detectors is going to destroy the place . Its ridiculous!
Hmm wonder if mushroom pickers will get locked out as well ? Destructive lot they are as well 🥴

Its a pine forest apart from the areas along the creek.. they have trucks and bulldozers knocking down trees everywhere but they think a couple of geriatrics swinging metal detectors is going to destroy the place . Its ridiculous!
Hmm wonder if mushroom pickers will get locked out as well ? Destructive lot they are as well 🥴
After this year's events in the news, maybe don't mention the mushrooms or you might attract even more unwanted attention!

Minview doesn't show any "No Fossicking" or Lease areas within Essington State Forest now. It did previously.
To be 100% sure I'd contact
[email protected]
or Visiting Forests Enquiries Ph. 1300 655 687
As at 14/12/23 it's showing as No Fossicking along Native Dog Creek again.
Reinforces the need to check regularly or contact Forests directly.

Latest posts