Nails on the beach.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richard70au

Richard
Reaction score
We decided to go and check out one of the beaches that we used to have a swim at after fishing. This beach is in an area steeped in history.

We found the usual ring pulls and cans, a couple of $1 coins and these nails. They appear to be made of brass and are square in shape.

I am thinking that there may have been a wooden fence around the beach at one stage and it has rotted away leaving the nails in the dunes.

I would like to clean them up a little and see how they turn out, I have also sent an email to the historical society in the area asking if they have any information on the beach.

1377667724_nials.jpg

Hi Richard,
The nails are for boat building, nailing marine plywood and the like. There must of been some sort of accident or fire near there. By the bend in the one nail on the right I would say a collision of some sort, taking a chunk out of a boat. See if your local historical society has records of speed boat accidents at that location from the 50' to 70'.

Bob.

Latest posts