My new flail mill is almost ready

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So Im only about 2 months late in getting my Flail hammer mill up and running but it will be assembled as soon as the paint drys and given a long test over the next couple of weekends. Its the small details that seem to take the most time. If I ever build another one I will beg buy or borrow a mig as stick welding just takes so long to get right especially when the cheap arse ******* electrodes keep throwing slag into the welds.

Anyway heres a couple of pics

1433763316_dsc00019.jpg

It would be a couple of pics if I could stop the second image from tipping on its side.

DWT all good mate I love a good 16tc but they are not good for start tacking. I have a box of wia 16tc that I used for the longer runs. These chinese ross branded 12p's are the worst thing I have ever used. My son works at the local cocky store that I bought them at & he said that he has had other customers complain about them too. Only way I could get them to run was to switch to the 70volt lug. Even the cobalarc hard facers ran better.

Thanks anyway.

Looks well made!
Good on you.
Is it possible to bung some video up of it running once you get that far?

Hey agman were ya been? Yes mate as soon as I get it all together and finish the patented pinstripping and test run it to iron the bugs out I,ll take a video and get my son to upload it to youtube.
I,ll give a bit of a breakdown on the cost of the various parts of the build & then sit back and let the experts have at it. :D :D

Looks cool mate !
Ya a short vid clip will show it better working, good luck of getting the bugs out soon so you can start making it chew rocks :D

Latest posts