My hell still continues

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gold trooper said:
Ramjet said:
Gold trooper said:
What this forum needs is a heavy handed moderator (the grim reaper) that sole purpose is to ban people like simmo and shazza/dazza and anyone else that think it's acceptable to just come in here and critise other members.

Especially members that are as brave as AtomRat whom thinks highly enough of his fella forum members to reach out like he has.

Ban them, ban them now.

rocketaroo said:
Gotta disagree, a heavy handed mod can kill a forum. What you want, is a mod team that communicates effectively, and makes decisions as a team. I reckon this forum is doing ok with modding :) But yes, ban the trolls :)

Hard to admit it but I gotta agree with Rocket :(
It's a balancing act being a Moderator. We don't ban someone and we get jumped on. We ban someone and get jumped on. We can only do what we think is the right thing. Usually there will be at least 2 of us discussing what action to take. When it is obvious rule breaches like Blindbat's verbal diarrhea, then it is removed as soon as we see it. We had 3 long term members with good reputations report him in a matter of minutes. That is enough for me to know I need to take a look. Sometimes it SEEMS obvious to all that a member is not legit but we can't go on how it seems. We must wait for a rule breach first.

By no means am I critising the good work of our now mods. No doubt it's a hard responsibility to take on. I appreciate the effort.

It just annoyed me that someone thought it was acceptable to come in here and critise a good man AtomRat, when all he done was opened up to people he trusts in his difficult moments. I tried to look past the comments made by I just couldn't let it go. My bad.
It is a credit though to all the good members in here sharing their support to AtomRat.

A good man admits when he knows hes wrong
Good on ya! :D

I find it amusing.... I'm a pretty straight shooter in my day to day life. Probably offend a massive amount of people along the way. But when you come in here part of the big virtual world it's just easier to get along and try and look past the things that urge you to go typing tropo.

Whilst it is always sad to read about others misfortunes, this is a gold prospecting forum.....not Facebook!

We need to keep a perspective here in my opinion.

Heavy handed Banning of members who offer an alternative opinion to the majority, will never see this forum rise above.

We live in a democratic society last I checked....freedom of speech.....freedom of opinion.

Too all those that dare to play online, and cant handle the consequences of difference in opinions......!

My condolences to you!

Take one of these, and head back to watching Foxtel

2w20zuv.jpg

I really hope things turn out upwards from here for you AR......your a good bloke and a damn fine prospector in my opinion!

Atom Rat.

There are other dads in here who have gone through messy breakups, so we do sympathise and we understand your pain. Family is/was everything.

Right now, your kids are all you have left; they and their own children will carry on your DNA (and things you have taught them) long after every one of us is dust.

Do everything you can to stay in touch with them. Keep those lines of communication open. Your ex, like mine, may do whatever she can to cut you out of their lives and make them forget and/or even hate you.

The dog, while you love it dearly, is just a lever she is using to hurt you further. For what it's worth, my advice would be to let her keep it. Then she has one less way she can manipulate or hurt you.

I have lost my kids, they are grown up now, have changed their surname to her maiden name and they do not speak to me. I hope you end up in a better position.

So remember, your kids come first. Stay in touch with 'em.

I wish you (and them) the very best possible outcome.

Hang in there, matey!

gedanate said:
Atom Rat.

There are other dads in here who have gone through messy breakups, so we do sympathise and we understand your pain. Family is/was everything.

Right now, your kids are all you have left; they and their own children will carry on your DNA (and things you have taught them) long after every one of us is dust.

Do everything you can to stay in touch with them. Keep those lines of communication open. Your ex, like mine, may do whatever she can to cut you out of their lives and make them forget and/or even hate you.

The dog, while you love it dearly, is just a lever she is using to hurt you further. For what it's worth, my advice would be to let her keep it. Then she has one less way she can manipulate or hurt you.

I have lost my kids, they are grown up now, have changed their surname to her maiden name and they do not speak to me. I hope you end up in a better position.

So remember, your kids come first. Stay in touch with 'em.

I wish you (and them) the very best possible outcome.

Hang in there, matey!
Very sorry to hear that gedanate and it would be soo difficult. There's a lot to read here, but my partner ( was my ex for 1 year ) but with help I got them back as they were in trouble. They are back home now.

The pain I went through was intentional from her family..not her personally at all. She has a small intellectual disability and others take advantage of it at the worst of times. I've got them home again and safe. My daughters are only 3 and 5 so hopefully most terrors will be forgotten and demons left behind in time.

I certainly return and share the care and concern mate, mine being soo young just had no choice and dragged around by whoever. I'm glad I'm not going through anymore exactly what youve said above. I was going through all that gor a year and its ended now. Some people say I'm crazy for taking her back and its the worst mistake ever, but we know true love and the past year was never meant to be the way it was. We have lots of restoring to do for our girls who's emotions are still settling for the year of chaos they went through.

I still do not understand how that system works and that fathers get no say or choice. I have never felt soo useless and not being able to help my girls as they cried to me on the phone I will never ever forget.

I think in time, reunions do happen, so keep your own chin up too mate and ill hope for the best for you

Latest posts