MURRAY COD

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Caught this week ,Copeton Dam, Inverell.
over 4 foot, 123cm
Said he was lucky he had a couple of his mates with him to get it into the boat.
catch and release.
1595496039_biggest_cod_123_cm_june_2020.jpg

Jeezus, how lucky that it caught the end of a treble hook lure tied on line that looks 1-2kg max with a shitty knot. AMAZING!

luck it said:
Jeezus, how lucky that it caught the end of a treble hook lure tied on line that looks 1-2kg max with a shitty knot. AMAZING!

Lure was probably removed and sat back in its mouth for the shot to show the lure used! Not uncommon at all to present a fish with the lure visible to promote the lure type...

Also 1-2kg? that would slightly thicker than a piece of hair.. Line looks almost as thick as the treble, at least 20kg as a guess! Regardless, iv caught many murray cod and the bigger they get usually the less they fight and they just become more sluggish, the biggest battle is simply lifting the dead weight. Caught many big fish using lighter line, if you are a decent fisho its definitely doable.

Dont know why people go straight into trying to pick holes in a persons achievement instead of just acknowledging the great catch..

Oldgreg said:
luck it said:

Lure was probably removed and sat back in its mouth for the shot to show the lure used! Not uncommon at all to present a fish with the lure visible to promote the lure type...

Also 1-2kg? that would slightly thicker than a piece of hair.. Line looks almost as thick as the treble, at least 20kg as a guess! Regardless, iv caught many murray cod and the bigger they get usually the less they fight and they just become more sluggish, the biggest battle is simply lifting the dead weight. Caught many big fish using lighter line, if you are a decent fisho its definitely doable.

Dont know why people go straight into trying to pick holes in a persons achievement instead of just acknowledging the great catch..

Jeez, youre so virtuous.
I acknowledged their attempt at trying to BS people.
You can clearly see that the split ring on the lure overlaps the split ring on the treble...its not attached.
Sorry if you disagree, but thats where I stand.
Belittle me if you want... but why a still picture and not video recording?

Its sitting on the end of his knees and the fish is closer to the camera than the bloke is, which makes the fish look much bigger. Dosnt need to, its a pretty big cod.

luck it said:
Oldgreg said:
luck it said:

Jeez, youre so virtuous.
I acknowledged their attempt at trying to BS people.
You can clearly see that the split ring on the lure overlaps the split ring on the treble...its not attached.
Sorry if you disagree, but thats where I stand.
Belittle me if you want... but why a still picture and not video recording?

Why are you so down on this? Its just a split ring and treble attached to another split ring. Maybe he replaced a bent treble by taking a treble off another lure, and couldnt be bothered to remove the extra split ring. Ive guided professionally for over 10 years in Arnhem Land, the GBR and Princess Charlotte bay. I have put customers into 1000 lb plus black marlin, Meyer Barra and plenty of other fish that would make think about conspiracy fish therories non stop! Many of my customers had not ever caught a fish on a lure let alone a meter Barra or huge marlin. The fish does not know if the guy catching it is a pro or total begginer.

Latest posts