mt dockerall hallscreek

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
just wondering if anyone on here has been to the mt dockerall area was thinking of planning a trip later in the year and info would be great.

just wondering if anyone on here has been to the mt dockerall area was thinking of planning a trip later in the year and info would be great.
I was in Hall’s Creek 3 years ago and spent a few days around Old Hall’s Ck. Stayed at the Old town Lodge.
There were a couple of well set up prospectors there with quad bikes which could negotiate the difficult terrain.
It’s a pretty rugged place, so all I can suggest if you’re planning to get to Black Prince mine area, I hope you’ve got a capable 4x4 and good comms.... because that is a fair distance from any help if you need it.
160DCF00-2FD0-44E9-8C39-2EF77C04F0C3.png

Last edited:
cheers for that information we will have a couple cars and quads hopefully take the family out there for school holidays

cheers for that information we will have a couple cars and quads hopefully take the family out there for school holidays
Good luck.
I scored a bit around Old Halls Creek area... the resident manager at the Lodge at the time had a few claims nearby . He helped me find some public land to detect. Look him up if you’re in the area.

I stayed in a caravan pk n Halls Ck when at 7pm a crowd of vicious "Australians" attacked the office of the park and abused the sh"t out of the manager of various crimes--closed camp quickly with axes and knifes out.----rough area. BEWARE.

I stayed in a caravan pk n Halls Ck when at 7pm a crowd of vicious "Australians" attacked the office of the park and abused the sh"t out of the manager of various crimes--closed camp quickly with axes and knifes out.----rough area. BEWARE.
Sounds like you were there on a good day!

How many years ago was that J?

Karl,
Take care up there.
My eldest son is working a couple of leases there, he lives in town behind barb wire with a pack of BIG dogs and still gets broken into very regular.

Welcome to country.

Whats with the inverted comma's around "Australians"?
Couldn't you just have written "a vicious crowd"?

We were down on the Tanami last year, didn't do Mt Dockerell, it is a bit far out unless you have some company, in our opinion. Best off not camping in town if you can camp out on the gold. Just best off if you have a group. Spinifex was soul destroying though, but reasonable gold around once you work out the area.

Like a lot of remote communities (and I go to a lot for work), it has it's fair share of challenges. I would stay out of town, and closer to the gold. Private msg me if you like and I'll try and get a hold of a mate; he delivers the driving school program out there.

Latest posts