Miami beach scoop arrived!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldpick

Chris Johnson
Reaction score
My Miami beach scoop from Latvia arrived this morning, just in time for a club detect on our local beaches next weekend. Loving the solid build of this scoop, yes it is a little heavy, though the upside is that it should last forever being all stainless steel. No flimsy supports, or handles to break, decent thickness to the steel, and 110cm sealed SS handle makes for a very solid unit. :)

http://beachsandscoop.com/Metal-Detecting-Sand-Scoop-Miami

1451884665_img_20160104_145810.jpg

1451884687_img_20160104_145925.jpg

1451884707_img_20160104_150007.jpg

1451884728_img_20160104_150037.jpg

I was probably a bit hard on the last Indiana scoop, levering too many rocks in the shallows caused it to fail. Deep targets in wet sand can also put a lot of stress on a scoop handle mount, hence why I prefer the solid welded handle on this one.

he knows its a good one as he saw it in action as the old man uses this one ;) Funny thing is a stir dad up and we call his scoop like using a dixe cup lol

I certainly had more confidence using your SS scoops over the one I originally had. I was just waiting for something to snap on mine when trying to dig those deep heavy scoop loads of wet sand, or prying out targets from amongst the rocks. Surely enough, it eventually failed - bent brackets & cracked welds. :)

Mmm, don't know Atom, are they quality MIG welds I see there just below all the strapping? :D I gather this is for retrieving stuff from the creeks you have been frequenting?

Good luck, I hope you have some lucrative hunts, lots of people with holes in their pockets and all that sort of stuff. ;)

Latest posts