Marble Bar WA information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XIV

Kane
Reaction score
I start my new job this week in port headland.
I am looking for any info in or around marble bar.
I only have one day a month to get out prospecting.
Cheers Kane

There used to be gold mine around Roebourne. I was there in early seventies working on Cape Lambret project. One thing that may interest you. There used to be quite large wreck of timber sailing ship on the beach between Cape Lambert and Port Samson.

Karl

All the best with your new job. We detected at Marble Bar a few weeks ago for a couple of days and found gold. Go to the Mines Office in Marble Bar and get the map.They are helpful. The four mile detecting area is obviously just out of town and is a large area supposedly bought by the Council for the purpose. Lots of spinifex too but certainly worth a try. A bloke we spoke to chained an area that had been scraped about a month before we got there and found a lot of good size nuggets. No problem camping out either.

Cheers jacko.
Will be heading out there next sunday.
Might even head out Saturday and do a camp out

Thanks bud.
I'll catch up with you for a beer when I get back in about 3 weeks

4 and 1 hey....ouch!

Your a man of steel Kane.

Stay safe out there man, and bring home that bacon bro!

Marble Bar????.....bloody hot! :p

The misses and I are heading out to Marble Bar for a prospect on ground called the Common
I only heard about this yesterday when a mate suggested we go out there for a look
Currently stopped up in Port Hedland doing a bit of fishing at the town jetty, saw 2 rods get taken by large fish and one rod snapped...the fish are big up this way!
Have any members been out that way who could give some advice on good camping areas and what your experience on the common was/is like?
Cheers
Bazza

Hi Jaros, thanks for the encouragement, first outing this morning and found no gold
Its now 11:30am and 33 degrees with 37 forcast high at 3pm
Friday looks hotter with 39!
The ground is much less noisy than Meeka etc so ill switch from difficult to normal from now on
Lots of spinnefax grass
Any advise greatfully accepted on settings for the gpz or spots to try
Cheers
Bazza