MALDON NUGGET ..... HUGE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teemore

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Anyone have a read of the front page of the Tarrengower TImes?
Appears to be a story about a HUGE nugget find, may be recent, may be old???
Without being able to read the story just speculation.
Anyone able to help?
Anyone in the crowd control business .... few places may be deserted if this story has legs....
Cheers Tom
1395965912_tarrengower.jpg

Supposed to be 276 ounces .... about $360,000 in round numbers worth of gold PLUS it's intinsic/desirability value, another 10 -20% maybe?????

Teemore said:
Anyone have a read of the front page of the Tarrengower TImes?
Appears to be a story about a HUGE nugget find, may be recent, may be old???
Without being able to read the story just speculation.
Anyone able to help?
Anyone in the crowd control business .... few places may be deserted if this story has legs....
Cheers Tom
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1375/1395965912_tarrengower.jpg

I checked out the advert at bottom of the page and according to the WTC website those dates coincide with the upcoming 2014 event. Looks like the last time it was in Maldon was 2012 and the last time the 12th and 13th of April occurred on Sat/Sun was 2008. The report is likely 2014 and the find likely sometime in 2013.

casper

It was pointed out to me this time last year that every year someone 'finds' a BIG nugget in the couple of months leading up to Easter, and it looks like this year is no different. Nice nugget though, I'd be very happy with that!

#cynicism #minelabmarketing

Teemore said:
Supposed to be 276 ounces .... about $360,000 in round numbers worth of gold PLUS it's intinsic/desirability value, another 10 -20% maybe?????

add another 20 - 50 % ?

more valuable if it "looks like something or someone"

try to find a nugget that looks like a map of Oz , Marilyn Monroe , Elvis , J-Lo's boobies , President Lincoln or someone famous . . .

Quite impressive indeed, although I have to say I'm with Ben78 on this one :p

1395974826_8f16c8d3-4999-418b-9721-89a90f00da1a.jpg

The holiday towns do it every year around Easter got to get the tourist dollar. Barry Johnson from Wedderburn use to tout a big nugget out just before Easter for years.

But April fools isn't until Tuesday, you can't pre set up a april fools stunt... Clowns

Latest posts