Major Australian calamity

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RM Outback said:
goody2shoes said:
Give me :beer: :beer: :beer:

Goody :D

Yeah I feel for you Goody now NSW is in a beer drought :playful: just make sure when the VB becomes available again you head straight to the bottleo and stock up, we don't want you coming out in a rash ok :lol:
Don't worry.
If there's no VB there's still this option.
1570566759_20191009_062922-1280x1280.jpg
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I once witnessed an even bigger calamity of a similar type. It was back in 1984 and in those days they used to import pure spirits in bulk from their counties of origin (Scotch whiskey from Scotland, bourbon from the USA etc. and there was a bottling factory at Mildura Victoria where they watered it down to retail strength and bottled it. They may still do it there now. We were driving out of Mildura, heading west towards the SA board and came across a massive police presence with cop cars everywhere and policemen out slowing traffic and directing cars around a semi which had rolled over not far out of town. As we crawled past we got to see that it was a load of newly bottled spirits with cartons of Johnny Walker, Jim Beam, vodka etc scattered all over the place. I have never seen so many cop cars in one place apart from in Blues Brothers movies.

Unfortunately that day the cops weren't handing out any samples. I expect the massive show of force was to protect the govt's large excise bounty lying on the road. I suspect a few Mildura cop houses had well stocked bars for many months afterwards though.

Jim Beam depression in a bottle I dont Know anyone that gets happy on that beverage unfortunately. And i worked with a bloke that used to get depressed and actually start crying after about his 4th bundy traveller and he was a hard man normally great fun to watch though.
Pagan P :lol:

MegsyB007 said:
I can't tell you the number of really good times I've had drinking JB...
Seriously, I can't remember some of them - but my friends said we had a great time! :playful:

I reckon I've been at a few of your parties Megsy :lol: don't drink it much these days, different story when I was younger though.

I've been drunk four times in my life. Strangely three time were with the same two co-offenders (enablers) celebrating large nugget finds.

Embarrassingly the fourth time was a couple of nights ago while typing on here :8

Yes, same here RM. Back in the younger days... woo! Not so wild anymore - and just as well! :p

One time comes to mind, where my ex and I were in San Quintin, BC, Mexico, and started off drinking at the hotel bar with a guy called Jose from Chihuahua (seriously - it's a place!). He was drinking Mescal with a worm at the bottom of the bottle, and I passed on that and for went the JB - safer, I thought!

I woke up in our hotel room the next day and saw a huge sombrero and a set of maracas on the table - and to this day, neither of us have any recollection of where they came from or how they ended up there!

Jose grinned at us later that day when we finally felt human enough to drag ourselves out of bed, and said we were very good at the Mexican Hat Dance - and shooting tequila... Ay caramba! :argh:

Should have stuck with the JB, it sounded like it was a great night! :lol:

Cheers,
Megsy

:fire: :cloudy: :cloudy: :cloudy: :cloudy:
:koala:
Just like with a fuel calamity.... they're probly using this camaliry to raise the price of alcohol all over the world... right now in real time... as we speak/tipe
:drooling: :Y: :beer:

cleaned up my @$$.... washed down for sure
And I bet that gully smelt like `$$ by the time it was all said n done...... :drooling:
1570653460_screenshot_2019-10-10-06-36-32.jpg

:drooling: Like a house of cards.... oh how the mitey have falled...
1570653742_screenshot_2019-10-10-06-40-42.jpg

Imagine the pollution to the water table and marine life with all that poison spilling into it :beer:
Seriously tho, who in their right mind would drink that rubbish...... :lol:

I thought it was the go to drink once XXXX sold out to overseas buyers :eek:
:(

Maybe it's worth more as an insurance claim, because I can't see anyone wanting to pay for that stuff :lol:

Latest posts