Check your berries !

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New Zealand is affected as well, as at this time of year Australia exports berries to NZ. I watched Palette Chook on the TV saying how the full weight of the law will be brought down on these people ......... First you need to find them in order to prosecute them.

No more berries being sold in QLD.... Glad I stocked up.... :Y:
Now watch the idiots using Ceramic needles.... Just like the loggers, they copped steel spikes, so they used detectors, until someone used ceramic spikes in logs and a Saw operator was killed in Northern NSW ... :brokenh:

LW....

Damn we could buy strawberries cheap pass the pinpointer over them and sell them at a small profit ...
:playful:
Or Maybe we could hire our selves and our pinpointers out at the supermarkets .....beep beeep :)

Xray machines are being considered here in SA at point of supply for the forthcoming local crop.... bloody insane situation.
Personally I am still buying strawberries, because the chances of finding a needle in one are pretty remote, and you only need to cut them anyway.... just thinking of the poor producers :cloudy:

Coles has withdrawn all strawberries and Woolies will follow by week-end.... Look at this...
1537264658_images.jpg

8.( 8.( :brokenh:

LW....

Outback said:
What sort of sickos think this stuff up ? never happened when Australia was a safer place ' only last century !
Just look around any major city to see the change of the Demographics .

Dangerous times ahead for us .

:bomb:
I think a lot of Australians would agree with you outback but they will get caught and our shit poor justice system will smack their wrist and that will be it

Heart has to go out to the farmers, they're going through enough right now and though this isn't rural livestock starving, it could send even more farmers to the wall! The supermarkets push them hard enough on prices and now they are dumping the fruit by the truck load!

Can think of plenty of abandoned mine shafts that could make very good homes for the sick individuals who are doing this ]:D :skull:

Hope they find the B@**!*ds real soon.

OzzieAu said:
Xray machines are being considered here in SA at point of supply for the forthcoming local crop.... bloody insane situation.
Personally I am still buying strawberries, because the chances of finding a needle in one are pretty remote, and you only need to cut them anyway.... just thinking of the poor producers :cloudy:
metal detection in food processing has been around for years, xray is not as good, sadly it may now have be implemented into the fruit farm processing :awful: ]:D

sad days indeed when it starts with one and is copy catted :bomb:

it didn't happen back when we were "the lucky country" :cool: bah ram ewe :perfect: :heart:

but i suppose it still is lucky :( but now it is "lucky to be here" :bomb: 8.( 8.( 8.( 8.( 8.( 8.(

They have arrested one person.

POLICE have arrested a young boy who admitted to inserting needles into strawberries as part of an apparent prank.

New South Wales Acting Assistant Police Commissioner Stuart Smith would not release further details but said the child had been caught in recent days.

Obviously in the last few days we found a young person has admitted to a prank, including putting needles in strawberries, and hell be dealt with under the youth cautioning system, he said.

The behaviour could be called a prank, he said, but warned that any copycat cases would be dealt with harshly.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...s/news-story/8c456b9b07b1a6c9969fe151b05a1c7b

Youth cautioning system? More like slap on the wrist! :N:

Yes but he is under 18 so he doesn't know right from wrong yet
Its not until you turn 18 that you learn right from wrong
Besides he was only playing
Poor little mixed up child he just needs a big cuddle
Then the living crap knocked out of him and locked up

Sounds like they will get the book thrown at them, and they deserve it. However I do feel that changing the length of sentencing is a bit of a pollie publicity stunt ("oh we better stop, we will no longer only get ten years we might get fifteen)" I think it probably would have been as effective if not more so to simply publicize the fact that the penalty is 10 years and that "make no mistake, we will work on this until we get you". The extra 5 years costs us more than half a million dollars more per culprit that we pay with our taxes ($1.5 million each in total, closer to double while a juvenile). "Let them eat [their own] strawberries" (apologies to Marie Antoinette)

I just wish the media and authorities would just shut tfu and let the public use some common sense around this. The more they beat this up the more morons out there will just perpetuate this into a free for all by thinking up other grubby ideas like...... no wait Im not about to give them any suggestions.
Just buy your bloody strawberries and be vigilant folks, I for one am enjoying a cheap taste treat, albeit at the expense of the poor producers.
And if you do find a foreign object in your fruit youll be in the millions to one odds category. :goldnugget:

My son in law runs a strawberry farm at Elimbah just down the road from the one that was on the news..They are still producing and have not been affected by anything yet..Total media hype they say. :Y: