I'm so upset by this

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope this might brighten your day a bit, while I can't undo what was done to the dog in the story, I hope this can make it up just a tiny bit.

Earlier this year I was in a F/B group for rescuing/saving Cocker Spaniels when I got an urgent sms about 2pm to see if I could pick up a 10 year old cocker that was going to be put down the next morning because the elderly people that had her couldn't handle her any more.
Her issues are :-
Needs medication everyday to control incontinence (a common problem in older desexed bitches)
Needs a mild sedative for anxiety every day
She has a massive food aggression problem ( and I mean massive)
She has had at least 3 owners before us.
She wouldn't/couldn't go outside on her own (especially in the dark)

She has now been with us for 19 weeks, and still needs her meds every day, goes in and out on her own day and night, trusts me not to hurt her and is becoming a lovely family dog.

1595415186_p3150147.jpg

Anthony loves to play with her, and it's good for both of them

1595415217_p3150148.jpg

On the queens birthday w/e I took her away caravaning, in the car and van she was excellent, but come dinner time in a strange place with strange people around, the food aggression kicked in, in a bad way, my fault, I should have foreseen what might happen

1595415438_img_20200604_164616.jpg

How could you not love and forgive a face like that

1595415594_p7150005.jpg

Like I said, I can't change what the other person did, to me that is unforgivable, but we have saved another little dog that wouldn't have been with us today, through no real fault of her own.

ECSA (English Cocker Spaniels Australia ) is a registered charity that supports the rescue and fostering of cocker spaniels all over Australia, so if you happen to have a lazy $5-00 in you pocket, they are a great organization to donate to, and it's tax deductable

You can find them on F/b https://www.facebook.com/CockerSpanielRescueAustralia/

Latest posts