magpies

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you could wear one of these ]:D ]:D ]:D ]:D

1505549396_maggie_deterrent_mk2.jpg

Try feeding them some mince or sausages guys! magpies have great memories and they will recognise you as friends. When I bought my house there were maggies

that lived across the road and those bastards swooped every chance they got lol.

I fed them and have never been attacked again and I have lived in the same spot for 19 years now. GL guys happy hunting.

cheers Rob

We've got a tall gumtree in the backyard that the maggies nest in nearly every year and they never swoop us, but they have a real love hate relationship with our dog. They strut around our yard and I'm sure they are winding the dog up until he chases them, then they take off only to land on the fence just out of his reach, soon as he turns and walks off they swoop down and pull some hair out of his back and use it in their nest. Funny as to watch :)

nucopia said:
We did the same thing at our place never had a problem with them swooping after we fed them ..
Buggers still come around looking for a feed :)

If they ever work out where the fridge is you are doomed to never get rid of the cheeky buggers. Before I built a new house they would bolt straight in the front door, head for the fridge and stand in front of it until they got a treat, they are real characters and quite intelligent.

Same here. I feed them and don't get attacked like I have been, but my dogs go them (I'm sure the maggies bait them) and they crap all over my deck and railings in return. Not sure what is the better solution.

Latest posts