Lyro

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lyro

Andrew Lyristakis
Reaction score
Hi All,
I am new to this site and to prospecting - done a lot of reading and seems I now have the time to start another hobby besides fishing. I live in Tuross in the south coast NSW and hail originally from Canberra. Have been looking the youtube vids of Wally and Liz - great stuff. I will have to set up and buy gear so will obviously need your expert opinion in the near future.

Hey Wal, I think you may remember me - ex-Canb Fishermans Club and my son Damian used to do work experience at your shop years ago. Must get in touch.

Welcome to the forum Lyro, what a small world we live in. :eek: Great to see your venturing into the next best hobby after fishing...or should we call them equal. :) You've moved to a great area in Tuross as it not only has some of the best fishing in the region, but there's gold in them there hills behind you.

Get yourself down to Brad at Detect a Den in the Bay and he'll look after you on the basic gear. Was in there recently and he's a top bloke with a good grip on the local fossicking scene.

He's also got a great "Family Day" meeting booked for July 6 where you can meet heaps of like minded folk and get lots of local tips. Hope you gain a lot of info from the forum and it helps you achieve maximum enjoyment for your new found passion. Best of luck out there.

Cheers Wal.

Thanks for the welcome guys, and thanks Wal will visit the shop in the bay in the next couple of days.

Hi Lyro,

Good to see people are converting to our hobby everyday. Soon our ranks will swell until we can classify fossicking as a sport. If we are a 'Sport' we get to have a well earned drinking session at it's conclusion. Possibly 2 - 3 times the size of a hobby drinking session, so be sure to spread the word.

Get a good detector & if your lucky you'll pull up a 6-pack of cans that a panicking teenager has stashed in haste prior to a run in with the fuzz ;)

Latest posts