Looking at a trip to Deep Creek Gympie

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi all hows it going? i looking at doing a fossicking trip to deep creek but i really only want to use my highbanker that i made but i am unable to transport it to deep creek? my question is are u allowed to take dig and take buckets home of wash to put through it and if so how many? thanks for your time

Hey mate welcome to the forum. Might be worth introducing yourself i think youll find once people know a bit about you you will get alot more responses to a question. Dont know about deep creek myself

sorry yeah i should of my bad! well my name is corie 28 from maryborough qld. i have been metal detecting for few years now and have always wanted to give gold panning/highbanking. i have built my self my own highbanker and want to put it to the test. its nothing special. i have got a family fossicking licence as my misses ans kids are keen as to give it a go as well. would be good to meet new people to show us around and give us a bit of a how to :)

Hi newhighbanker,
Im sorry to burst your bubble mate.
Water pumps are not allowed in Qld and you cant remove paydirt to process at home.
You can only take your cons home.
I advise you to contact the Dept of mines and speak with them to clarify ?
Cheers yobskin

yobskin said:
Hahaha ozjono long time no hear mate.
I had a visit from the dept mate... :D
Bugger paned out ok i hope. Yer i have not been on hear for a few months

yobskin so no pumps at all? wasnt going to be pumping out of the creek would have my own water supply and a little bilge pump? new to this so thanks for any more information

Apparently mate it has to be pumped by hand.
Use the water out of the creek there are 3 spots where you can use a sluice... dont be discouraged theres plenty of options..
Elbow grease and ingenuity the old prospectors had plenty...
Pm me if you want some help no charge... :D

yeah i see you use a hand pump. your little set up looks the goods. i might have ot invest in a sluice then i think.. we are all keen to get our hands dirty mate its all part of it really. got a good list of items i should bring on my first trip?

The width lets you down mate...you will need lots of water for it.
J&p prospecting gympie could help you with equipment.

Hi newhighbanker, I am looking to go to Gympie and have a pan, the blokes are right, no pumps or highbanks from what I've been told up here in QLD. I live in Deception Bay about one hour or hour and a half to Gympie.

Latest posts