Leaving open holes, not happy Jan!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldpick

Chris Johnson
Reaction score
I've posted this on another forum, but on our Saturday drive through the hills with the missus, we stopped at the old Chain of Ponds township cemetary to check out the graves and info board. Upon wondering through the cemetary, it was evident that someone had very recently gone through the cemetary detecting, and was leaving open holes all over the place (another vehicle was parked there at the time).

I also suspect they may have also been detecting/trespassing on SA Water ground to access the old town site, so was a bit perturbed by it all. I know some guys have been trying to access this site, with permission from SA Water to detect, but that came to nothing.

These people are going to make life real hard for the honest guys out there. :mad:

i can assure you it wasnt me mate, i just got my car running over the weekend and with all my relationship issues havent been out for a swing, and wouldnt detect a cemetary thats a big no no in my book, i swear ppl doing the wrong thing is just gonna make it harder on the guys that do the right- get permission, neat plugs, and not in cemetaries
GP did you manage to get the number plate?
drys

No it wouldn't be you Dryhorrors, I know you tried to do the right thing. Don't really want to post rego no.s etc over the forum, all I will say that it was a recent model 4x4. At least they might be a bit more wary if they know we are on the lookout for people giving our recreation a bad name. ;)

It happens a lot here in sa went to Crawford today and there was bloody loads of unfilled holes:(one day were gonna get banned from detecting in these areas:(

Bigjilm said:
It happens a lot here in sa went to Crawford today and there was bloody loads of unfilled holes:(one day were gonna get banned from detecting in these areas:(

Yep, know what you mean, Crawford is cratered like the moon in places, especially along the creek at Watts Gully Rd, and some of the holes are quite deep, so I'm thinking it is someone with a nice new ML. More money than sense, just saying.

Bigjilm said:

true mate

hey..... any chance you could get a bigger basket for your dog mate ?

it breaks my heart to see those sad eyes every time i scan past your posts . lol

funny pic though :)

TTKooAu said:
Bigjilm said:

Yep, know what you mean, Crawford is cratered like the moon in places, especially along the creek at Watts Gully Rd, and some of the holes are quite deep, so I'm thinking it is someone with a nice new ML. More money than sense, just saying.

Why a 'nice new ML'?? Whites users exempt from stupidity?

loamer said:
TTKooAu said:
Bigjilm said:

Was probably a Garrett user :p

The dog always goes and sleeps in there when we go out,don't know why he chooses to the basket is tiny and he's always falling out of it:)

Well GP, I think you should name and shame.
I've even started to fill in holes that rabbit's or birds leave in the garden I walk through from my car park to my work building

Retirement Stone said:
loamer said:
TTKooAu said:
Bigjilm said:

Was probably a Garrett user :p
:eek: :eek: :eek: :( :( :( :| :| :| :lol: :lol: :p

I'm at the other end of the country and besides, Cemetery's? I just wouldn't go there. Disrespect to the occupants I recon. And I backfill, even on the beach.

Latest posts