Kalgoorlie WA Western Australia information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that if you are going there anyway, do someone a good turn and they will help you get started. Your concearns about private property and wanting to do the right things are a measure of your character. I am going West in the near future also, I hope to bump into you and share knowlege.

So just follow your natural instincts, I recon you will do fine.

Cheers Jordie...

Westaus said:
Use this - http://www.dmp.wa.gov.au/GeoView-WA-Interactive-1467.aspx

Easiest and great tool to get started.

Open the program and then select tenements. That will tell you exactly where you can and cannot go. It does not tell you though if the land is private or crown land. That is harder to work out.

It allows you to print the map you are looking at as well, just remember to show coordinates and you have a scaled map.

Also you can get your miners right in Kalgoorlie they have DMP there. So just go and get it when you arrive, have all your ID and away you go.

They will also help with some ideas (usually) and assistance. Like everywhere you get good and bad people that want to help or not.

Is there an up to date map of private property in WA to overlay or how do you go about determining whether land is crown land or privately owned?

You can do it in Tengraph but that is a pain to work with in my opinion. You need to register and will need a miners right from memory, which you should have anyway :)

It is the tool to use for setting up your tenements and activities such as a 40E permit.

The 40E permit will also advise the land holder for you that you intend to be there and the approx dates. You then have a contact and can arrange further details as you wish. See further details here - http://www.dmp.wa.gov.au/Minerals/Permit-Section-40E-over-granted-2421.aspx

I have started to have a little play with Landgate https://www.landgate.wa.gov.au/bmvf...erId=cm&_ga=1.117951305.1120148409.1477474876

For more detail I need to create an account, but it looks like it may offer some further information.

Ah cool, thanks for the help. I use Tengraph but am not very well versed with all things software but will work it out as I will be applying for a 40E next time round.

Thanks guys you have been a huge help
I didn't even think about a WA miners right I have one for vic so It honestly didn't even come to mind !!!

And thanks for the advice on those web tools I will take a look at them after work !!! :)

Thanks a lot guys
Jamie

Hey guys I'm over in kal with my sdc dirt time here been here a few days and got zip

Not sure of the areas I'm looking I have a map I printed out and the department of mining but have no idea where I should be looking anyone willing to give me a few tips e.g go north south ect
Thanks in advance :)

Gappa44 said:
Hey guys I'm over in kal with my sdc dirt time here been here a few days and got zip

Not sure of the areas I'm looking I have a map I printed out and the department of mining but have no idea where I should be looking anyone willing to give me a few tips e.g go north south ect
Thanks in advance :)

Doug Stone's WA gold atlas might be a good place to start. I can't vouch for the accuracy of the maps but for the cost of the book it can easily pay for it's self just by heading you in the right direction. You must also check the locations listed with the Mines Dept to see that you're not going to end up on an active lease.

hi you need to ask someone to show you the ropes when i was over there we looked around Leonora laverton but even so it can be days without gold

the specking patch at leonora should give you some small bits

good luck

Hi All,
Would anyone here in Kal be willing to take me out for a lesson or two. I have my own 4500 minelab and a 4x4. Willing to pay.

Yer I see that. It will amount to about $160 per day. Im guessing thats about $20 per hour. Thats fair enough I guess. I would want the same.
Might check it out, depends what it is. i have to fit in with my job. Thanks for your reply

Hi Guys we are heading to Kal in 12 days for a few months, i'm looking to get some or any advice on swinging the minelab over there as it's the first time in WA for me. Apart from the usual Miners Rights and Tengraph was looking for any pointers regardless how trivial cheers

We are total beginners at prospecting and we are planning a family trip to Kalgoorlie in a few weeks. We are going to hire the equipment spend a day with Dean from Kalgoorlie Gold Prospecting to give us a guide, then we are going to spend a week in the Kalgoorlie and surrounding areas.

I have been told about an app called "The Happy Prospector" that will help us find some areas that we can detect, but there is limited feedback on how well it works.

Is there a better place to find information about where we can safely prospect?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I must admit I use Happy Prospector also in addition to tenegraph and my GPS.
The track feature is pretty good and shows you were you are in relation to tenements.
We used it finding pegs recently and is was pretty darn accurate.

Latest posts