Inverell rocks

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Couple of days in inverell .. these are the spoils. . So many parti sapph... the biggest blue is around 12 carat . Got a few nice cutters in there yoo..good trip but no fish
1443911276_2015-10-04_09.22.51.jpg

Yeah heatho...thx for the tip theyre great people im heading back up there tomorrow.ill c u up there most likely. What day are you coming. Im in the blue commodore station wagon. We should have a beer and a yarn. ive Stopped at nundle for the night...gunna run the sluice tomorrow for a cpl of hours and then back to billabong.

madfisher said:
Yeah heatho...thx for the tip theyre great people im heading back up there tomorrow.ill c u up there most likely. What day are you coming. Im in the blue commodore station wagon. We should have a beer and a yarn. ive Stopped at nundle for the night...gunna run the sluice tomorrow for a cpl of hours and then back to billabong.

Looking forward to meeting up MF, sent you a PM. No worries, great you got some stones, well done. Yeah the park owners very nice people, very helpfull, they like people to leave with some nice Sapphs.

Cheers

I was at Inverell 2 weeks ago went to 7 Oaks, it was my first time ever fossicking. I had a lot of fun and got some stones, I don't know if there worth anything but it was really worth the trip..i'm hooked.

1445220564_img_1314.jpg

1445220636_img_1317.jpg

Nice work mate...i was down the road at billabong blue...spent about three weeks out there in the last month with a few breaks in between . Hard digging but theres some great stones to be had . Got so many . scored a few nice cutters.. about 15 now.. including a 8.9 ct champagne zircon thats a piece of glass . Theyre all packed in the car but ill throw up some pictures later when i get home from this epic trip ..biggest bomb was 52 ct. highlights included getting three crystal clear zircon cutters in two seives out of some seriously hard ground and learning how to divine water. And beers and snags with heatho and his mate... cheers for the hookup when my starter motor packed it in.. great guys

madfisher said:
Nice work mate...i was down the road at billabong blue...spent about three weeks out there in the last month with a few breaks in between . Hard digging but theres some great stones to be had . Got so many . scored a few nice cutters.. about 15 now.. including a 8.9 ct champagne zircon thats a piece of glass . Theyre all packed in the car but ill throw up some pictures later when i get home from this epic trip ..biggest bomb was 52 ct. highlights included getting three crystal clear zircon cutters in two seives out of some seriously hard ground and learning how to divine water. And beers and snags with heatho and his mate... cheers for the hookup when my starter motor packed it in.. great guys

I've read some good reports about BB, I will definitely go there next time, you scored some awesome stones, well done. :)

Latest posts