Introduction.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello out there.
I have just recently joined the club. My name is Bob and I live near Gympie, that's in Queensland.
No doubt many of you have heard of Gympie but I bet there aren't too many know where it is.
How's this for excitement ? Yesterday I got a new satellite dish and NBN system installed.
Previously I had the old rural satellite system and it was just a smidgen better than dial up, some times.
Now we are doing so much better, I'm out of breath keeping up.
For many yonks I have been buying the Gold, Gem & Treasure monthly mag, read it from cover to cover, also hunting round the net for anything to do with gold, etc prospecting.
Is there a list of websites that have info of interest to the enlightened out there anywhere ?
I have one somewhere that I will dig out and post it for all and sundry to have a peek at.
It's at the University of Southern Texas, I think it's the geology section.
They do a lot of kinky stuff at that uni.
One other item a few years ago was a lovely hybrid electric motor kit for us hoy poloy's to hook into. It took the place of an alternator, starter motor, and added about 30% extra grunt to a motor, via a toothed belt drive off the front of the crankshaft, and the motor bolted on right where the alternator used to be, but I think it was still born or adopted out to the big end of town.

Anyway, I wanted to ask if anyone has any experience or info about harvesting micro gold out of rivers.
I am designing a water wheel powered pump to do just that.
Not sure how the powers that be would view that, being as they like only hand tools and electronic detectors however I feel that as it will not be powered by an Ic or electric motor, but by natural means, like can anyone consider a yacht to be a mechanical item ?
How about a rowing boat ?
Water wheels were in use by the ancient Egyptians, and in truth there really were no machines until the Industrial Revolution.
When was that ? Around the time of the first steam engines. Prior to that it was all Hard yakka, or get a horse mate.
But that's all another level of fantasy to be followed up.
Let me put it this way. I always thunk that prospectors are allowed by the A.T.O. to earn $84 K. p,a. ( That's a laugh.)
That's $1680 a week x 50 weeks p.a. @ 2 off at Xmas.
Not many doing that sort of moolah I reckon.
However it's food for thought, and very little work involved once the beast is up and running.

OK, that's it from me for now. Anybody wishing to contact me about this please feel free to, unless you work for the A.T.O or spoilsport regulators.

Cheers Bob.

Latest posts