introducing myself

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all, well after jumping on the back of someone else's post from the far north in CAIRNS , i'll give introducing myself another try.
I am a newbie to the forum and to gold fever, and have it bad. I'm located in the south west sydney region and enjoy the great outdoors, I am recently a retireree without the pension card , getting one will be like gold in itself, I have a few good books like the gold atlas and the glint of gold, a metal detector , a creswell bucket thingo , a high banker, a couple of plastic pans and a turbo pan with no idea how its used?? and hopes of finding some gold one day. Spent last Sunday trying my luck for the first time with the detector and struck it rich on the 4th target, , a 4xxxx gold bottle top in the edge of the river bank, perhaps thats an omen from the ppl up north, thats going up on my wall of finds. Gold prospecting is a interesting topic and there are many ideas out there on which is the better product to use , some with an explanation, like the man call Wal from canberra, his theories make sense and I assume come from trial and error and experience . My regards to all members, far and near.

welcome to PA mate, i found a bottle cap in tassie when i went down there for a holiday, the only thing i found, i kept it in the collection of finds and not threw it out like i normally would, just something to show lol

Thanks for re posting,
now everyone can stop and give you a proper welcome.
Again welcome to the forum.

All the best,
TGW.

Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of prospecting, golden oldie. There is lots of information here. Try to hook up with one of the meets that happen from time to time, it is a great way to meet folks and learn a lot.

Welcome goldenoldie2 hope you find lots of interesting things to read and make lots of new friends good luck.

thanks for your warm welcome , and Dr Duck, funny thing is my first outing was to oallen ford and I ended up towing a jeep into goulburn , and JAMIE, i worked in the gong for 38 years drove from campbelltown every day , once again thanks for your welcome , I hope my contributions to this forum will be of some help, like the access to the macquarie river via the root hog fire trail which is closed at the moment , still have a contact or 2 at the end of the road, hunted the hills around chambers creek for 25 years but never for gold even though I had to keep an eye out for dilapidated mine shafts , there was too much scrap iron to do any good with the metal detectors of yesteryear

Latest posts