Introduce Yourself

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacko

Roy and Anita Worth
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

We are Roy and Anita from the Maitland area, and our old travelling mate mini foxi- Jacko. We are retired and have just completed 12000ks travelling to WA, the Outback Track through NT, Qld and home. This is the third season we have detected and happily found our first gold, a .3g, at Kanowna WA where we had been 2 years ago, then to Sandstone and found a nice 7.5g and a couple of sub grammers, then to NT round Mad Micks camp, Warrego found nothing but a great spot. Into Qld and we found another 7.5g and a couple of small bits again, on to Clermont for the third time, but no luck there. Had a fantastic trip, gained some confidence and are planning for next season around what we learnt re detecting places and use of the detector. Anyway as the season isn't over just yet and there is a lot to learn, we hope for a few closer to home trips soon. Had nearly given up. We have a Minelab 4500 and an XTerra 705

Welcome Roy and Anita, good to have another local on board. The forum provides a great place to hang out and keep the gold bug alive in between trips. I'm looking forward to hearing all about your Australian travels.

Nugget.

Hi Roy and Anita,
I think I met you today up near Hills End NSW? I was in the black Subaru Forester with my family. I took your advice and found this great forum. I will definitely be picking everyone's brains to learn as much as possible. Thanks so much for taking the time to chat with us today. Hope you guys had a great day. Take care and have fun.
Cheers Cara :D

Latest posts