INTERNET, which provider and setup is the best and why ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am using Telstra WiFi which was a pain in the start,but because of it I got 3 free GB in the end.

It is good now and my philosophy has always been to stick with the major player and the owner of the wires so to speak.

I am on a 4GB plan per month which suits my usage.

So Telstra for me.

Hopes this helps.

CGS :)

Finally bit the bullet and went with Dodo unlimited internet through the wall for $80 a month with all phone calls included to fixed line and mobile, just no international calls included in the deal, but who does that anyway., still keeping my $40 a month telstra phone with 3gigs a month internet because I can use that to run three other phones as well, just that those 3phones dont get internet usage is all, unless its with the dodo modem at home using wifi.
no trouble with the dodo, we can all be on internet at once with no problem at all so far. :Y:
Just thought I'd give an update. :D

I've been with iinet since 1992 when my old employer closed down and I had to start my own business so that I was back in work. I've stayed with them because the service has been good and I didn't want to change my email address. It's still the same as it was 25yrs ago.

I have telstra mobile data simply because their coverage in the west is the best there is. I've had the option of all those other email addresses they throw at you like Yahoo, Google, Bigpond etc etc but I prefer to stick with the original iinet address.

I got Dodo because the sissy inlaw was using it and it was looking like they were able to get everything they wanted to work just great for them all over there, and they stream movies and game at the same time. :D

I am with telstra , NBN with their whopping 5 gig of download per month ,wow, a bundled package , NBN home phone and mobile G4 and G5 all for an average cost $190 per month , my 2 year contract is due to expire.... lots to think about NBN has no real issues except when they service their equipment , wireless connection to apple macbook, home phone is cable connected, mobile service is absolute crap I am in the middle of campbelltown nsw and have 2 bars of service , on the weekend had none in hill end and surrounds , yet my friend had full service OPTUS IINET VIRGIN use the optus towers so good coverage I think telstra dropped the ball somewhere service is zilch once out of toen in the country regions in nsw , virgin have free virgin to virgin mobile calls
telstra to other service carries cost a bit , there's a lot to consider so its a forum like this that helps with the experiences encounter by other members
I can't recommend telstra because of poor mobile service coverage
Forgot to mention, big pond is subject to scams and plashing, my wife nearly paid a fake telstra bill there was no avenue to report it to telstra i am sure they could track the ip address of the sender and block it they give priority to attracting new customers stuff existing customers

Full on igo :eek: I'd be looking now to see which way to go when it expires based on other locals experiences ,... grill em mate to find it all out.
Costing me that $120 a month with both the Dodo through the wall ($80)and my prepaid Telstra ($40), but I do get $350 international credit with that one too, so, all bases are covered with what I'm using ,... the telstra $40 component is what I can send to the other phones as credit to run them, I can send $10 a day only, but I can split that up between the three other phones. That Telstra prepaid is called fredom plus (I have been told by someone else that new customers can only access freedom plus at a $50 rate now, but havn't researched that myself recently to confirm). :Y:

Dodo phoned me yesterday and asked if I was happy with the service so far, I said it was great, real fast, running everything in the house at once ,.... after the phone call finished, bam, everything started running slow as ever since on my phone although the xbox is running utube ok. Thinking I might call them and asked if they pressed a button to slow it down on me once I'd said I was satisfied, we'll see how it goes over time, I've got no trouble setting the ombudsmen onto them if I think I'm being cheated at all. :D

We have been with Westnet for many years. (Now owned by IINET). No complaints until we had to switch to NBN. The switch over process was a nightmare. We had so many issues. Starting with the first Phone call.... "Yes sir the process will only take 10 minutes". Actually 43 minutes. The person stated that "everything will be transferred over". The truth was that NOTHING was transferred automatically. Both mine and my wife's emails went missing and I was cut off after one month as the payment details were not transferred. The people on the other end of the phone were useless and barely spoke English.
We are lucky enough to have fibre optics right to our modem and now the transfer process has finally been sorted out we have great speed on out Net service.

it must just be my phone, probly full from updates
I'm on the computer now and PA is as fast as ever. :Y: :D :Y:

I've been looking at "whirlpool" for this sort of information too, and checking nbn deals.I'm currently with Telstra, but not for much longer though. My mobile is a prepaid "simplicity plan"which works for me, just switched swmbo's mobile over to the Aldi ( 1 year supa pack ,$240-00 which uses Telstra) which gives her unlimited text and voice calls for 12 months + 40 gig data.
Our adsl internet is currently with Telstra ( $75-00/100gig)until the NBN is activated in our street sometime in the next few weeks, then I'm gone. Signed up to Aussie broadband on a month to month plan (no contract :lol: :lol: ) 1st month is free ( whirlpool promo ) then $80-00 p/m on the 100/40 +500gig data, no voice calls, this is $5-00 p/m more than we pay atm but hopefully is 10 times faster :rolleyes: but because we will still have an active telstra account we keep our email address
cheers Keith

everything is still ok with.our emails, and we got to keep.our old phone number too. :Y:

Well, only had to phone Dodo the once so far with the service dropping out, but they talked me through resetting the modem and it all came good, happened again, but I knew what to do that time so it was rectified within minutes. Probably caused it myself, getting the kitchen ready for painting and had a cloth over the modem for a few hours ,..... but otherwise all is working well with internet on 24/7 for all and sundry, can watch utube continuously with out any need for buffering at all, and that's while everyone else is on with their devices too. Will have to put it to the test and have everyone on utube at once to see how it stacks up then. :D

Latest posts